Some of my v.10.x Presets

From Scott's "Let's Go For Four" post: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/70253-mission-lets-go-four.html

So what do I have the expression pedals do now?

I'll go left to right.

Left expression pedal (black one):

1.Toe down switch turns the wah on/off - then it's a Wah pedal. Toe down switch and it's off.
2.When Drive block is engaged - it controls the amount of gain/drive in the Drive block
3.When the PEQ block is engaged - it controls the amount of output level from +1db to +6db. (Note: I have the PEQ configured as a dynamic custom preamp boost).
4.When the Rotary Block is engaged, it controls the upper horn rotor speed

Middle expression pedal (green one): (switch not currently being employed for any purpose):

1.Controls wet/dry mix for: Tremolo; Rotary: Delay; Phaser; Chorus; Flanger; and Pitch. In essence, this pedal is my 'effects' mixer. I can mix in whatever amount of wet effect I want at any time and dynamically change it on the fly. (*Note: the range of wet/dry is different for each effect block based on my preferences and taste. That's saved per preset.)

Right expression pedal (white one):

1.Reverb wet/dry mix - dynamically control on the fly independant of other effects
2.When the Delay block is engaged, controls the Delay feedback from short to long
3.When toe switch is engaged, it is a Volume pedal.

Hope this helps

many thanks!

Hey Scott,

Firstly, thanks for sharing these presets and for explaining some stuff about them elsewhere.

I'm wondering if you could highlight what you have tweaked in terms of 'special' amp parameters for the Plexi and Super patches.

I ask because if I go to one of my own patches, and set the EQ and obvious parameters (including dynamic presence, dynamic depth and xfrmr match, which you mentioned you use), it doesn't sound the same. Your patch is noticably darker compared to mine. Not in a bad way, just different! And better I think! Same for both of those patches.

Note that if I copy your Amp block verbatim using the Effect Copy feature, it ends up sounding pretty much the same!

So there must be some fine tweaking you're doing in there that I am missing. Is it obvious?

Hey Scott,

Firstly, thanks for sharing these presets and for explaining some stuff about them elsewhere.

I'm wondering if you could highlight what you have tweaked in terms of 'special' amp parameters for the Plexi and Super patches.

I ask because if I go to one of my own patches, and set the EQ and obvious parameters (including dynamic presence, dynamic depth and xfrmr match, which you mentioned you use), it doesn't sound the same. Your patch is noticably darker compared to mine. Not in a bad way, just different! And better I think! Same for both of those patches.

Note that if I copy your Amp block verbatim using the Effect Copy feature, it ends up sounding pretty much the same!

So there must be some fine tweaking you're doing in there that I am missing. Is it obvious?

Magic? ;)

Nah, just kidding.

I set the drive/master volume first. Then I set the bass/middle/treble/presence to taste. Then I see if the Dynamic Presence adds anything I like (in most cases, I do use it around +2.0 or so). Then I see if Transformer Match adds anything (in most cases I do prefer it rolled off a bit; but this is highly variable. I often end up around 0.750 - 0.850 as a general guide).

That's it though. I do work with other stuff, but only if I feel it makes it better; in the presets I saved, that's about the whole show.

Now the cab block is the KING of all of this in the FRFR world anyway; I use stereo cabs - and I do pan stereo cabs center (making them mono). I also have tweaked out (to my preference) every single block in the signal chain on my presets.

Don't know if that helps you; but that's what I do.

Used the Plexi (100W) settings in a studio practice with the other guitarist last night, straight into the desk. Cut beautifully and had a great sit in the mix. I use slightly less gain, and a Basketweave cab mix, and also low cut the cab at 120 Hz. We were also using hi-fi speakers and it was definitely a recorded sound!

It's interesting as that patch just seemed WOAH BRIGHT when dialling in at home, but when adding in the full backing track.... it was perfect. Nice.

Scott,

I finally got around to trying your XTC patch. Hopefully the others soon.
Sounds really great....with drive and peq engaged
I was rocking some early Metallica! I got stuck in a sound warp
for a while. I had never messed with this amp sim before.
And it cleaned up nicely.

Interesting use of expression pedals. It certainly gave me some new ideas for my personal preference.
I generally have a dedicated way(spring loaded Mission) and then one other mission pedal assigned
to various things.....now I may want another!! Gee thanks ;-)

I appreciate you sharing.

Back
Top Bottom