Some of my IR's I recorded today.

The HBE scorpions tone really took about 10 seconds to do. Just through up the HBE and an OD808 in front and reverb. I'm actually pretty happy with that tone and it took basically zero tweaking. So if I spent any amount of time at all on it it might be better. Those crunch tones aren't all that exciting but I do think my IR's sound better than about all the IR's I heard. That actually could be that they are burned into my brain from playing that cabinet for years.

Thanks schlagdog for the time. I think we have not the same idea for crunch tones. lol
What kind of pickups do you use?
Anyway they sound great again, i hope that you will publish one of them.

Thanks schlagdog for the time. I think we have not the same idea for crunch tones. lol
What kind of pickups do you use?
Anyway they sound great again, i hope that you will publish one of them.

Is there too much crunch in the crunch tone? That guitar has a Duncan Distortion in it. I would have posted the IR's already but I don't know how to get them off the AXEFX. I tried once and somehow ended up deleting one of them. I'm sure it's easiest thing around but I don't want any deleting again so I haven't tried.

The HBE scorpions tone really took about 10 seconds to do. Just through up the HBE and an OD808 in front and reverb. I'm actually pretty happy with that tone and it took basically zero tweaking. So if I spent any amount of time at all on it it might be better. Those crunch tones aren't all that exciting but I do think my IR's sound better than about all the IR's I heard. That actually could be that they are burned into my brain from playing that cabinet for years.

Ya I like both your IR the Mesa and Peavey power amp on different models ,depending on the model I like the Peavey a bit more ..are they both 6L6 loaded ?..Not sure if you have tried the Randall would be curious to see if an IR take with say an El34 power section would make an audible difference.

BTW your 10 second Scorps clip freaking nailed it IMO .I would have a hard time if that was in the mix with drums and bass not thinking it was an original cut based on the sound .you get that razor sharp bite like Mark Day has ..very impressive

I have stuff I want to reamp but still can't get the USB funtion to record direct in protools9 otherwise I would have some other tones up. I'm having ZERO luck with it.

Check if you see your FAS driver into protools. I can't help you more.
By the way, my account sucks here.
I can't use emoticons and "carriage return" are removed into my posts.
The server says always that it is busy.
So it take me always 5 min to post 1 mess. lol

Can someone help Schalgdog with exporting his IRs? They sound killer for rock tones :)

Hello, the way to post something is reply or start a thread in advanced mode (not in a private message like this); at the bottome left I think it will say manage attachments, click on that; then upper right corner will say attach, or browse, or upload, etc. browse through your axe folders till you find where you put Irs hopefully in a folder called IR's. click on it, upload, wait a good while 1-3min. drag into area in the lower part of the screen. as you do this you will see you have all your uploads at the top, and you can put an x in the box to upload or not each time you send a message. Hope this helps you, so you can help us!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I'll try and get them posted when I sit down at my desktop again. The one time I tried to move an IR about a week ago I somehow managed to delete if from my AXEFX an it then disappeared. So I didn't want to start guessing again and delete my IR's.

Back
Top Bottom