• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Some New Cliff/FAS Amps

Perdikament

Power User
I was thinking that he knows all that stuff inside and out...
Although a collaboration would be awesome.
A new virtual Carol Ann? I think he was hands on with the fractal versions of his amps.

barhrecords

Axe-Master
Alternatively, perhaps FAS could work with an established amp builder to create a fantasy amp that wouldn't be possible in the real world... just a thought.
With so many settings in the amp block, I feel like it's already an amp builder in the box!

Couldn't imagine what more settings for the amp would do, but I'm not an amp builder in real life, so not too qualified in this area :)

unix-guy

Legend!
Keep in mind that pretty much all the recently added FAS amps (last 3 years or so) seem to primarily have come from."accidents" during the modeling of some specific models... We can only hope for more happy accidents.

Also, the Buttery model should be considered a FAS amp since Cliff has stated it was "built by ear" after listening to Matchbox 20.

Perdikament

Power User
Keep in mind that pretty much all the recently added FAS amps (last 3 years or so) seem to primarily have come from."accidents" during the modeling of some specific models... We can only hope for more happy accidents.

Also, the Buttery model should be considered a FAS amp since Cliff has stated it was "built by ear" after listening to Matchbox 20.
Yeah I hear ya, but imagine if Cliff set out intentionally to create a few masterpieces from deep within the annexes of his mind.

PumpkinKing86

Experienced
I'd like to see "FAS USA" -- an easier to dial in Mesa/Boogie Mark. I love the USA models, but I'd like to be able to get what I need out of the basic settings page without having to know weird counterintuitive things like setting the bass at zero and then making up for it with the 5-band EQ.

I'd also like to see FAS' version of the ideal clean amp.

Perdikament

Power User
Especially after Cliff put out, (a beautiful creation of his) the Shimmer Drive, along with how he has drive pedals, (but especially) preamp/poweramp/speaker(s) working more interactively than ever, I really am holding hope for some of his creations.

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
I was just listening to Fu Manchu today and thinking a:

FAS Doom

model would be such a great addition to the Axe. IMHO, this is one of the few bases the AFX is quite weak on. Some of that tone relies heavily on fuzzy style distortion (yes, I know about fuzzes and buffering) but the fuzz models+low gain high volume Marshall is not 100% satisfying on the Axe. An amp that is intrinsically a big fuzzy high gain furball but does not fall apart in the low frequencies at volume all on its own would be insanely epic.

I've generally been getting really "into" the FAS amps on this FW release. A lot of my presets required a major do-over because my goto amps got remeasured in Cliff's overhaul of the Marshall derivatives. One thing I notced (or imagined) was that it seemed like the FAS amps survived the reset better because they only get the algo and default value changes and never get remeasured...

And as noted here, many of them are just GREAT. One area where the AxeFx goes beyond IRL/Reality since these are awesome 'amps' that are only available as AxeFx models.

Last edited:
Top Bottom