Some love for the SV Bass model

guittarzzan

Inspired
This thing continues to amaze me. I just tried reamping a bass track through the Axefx using the SV bass and 8x10 cab and it sounds great with very little tweaking. I tried a bass through it a couple years ago and wasn't too thrilled with the results, but what I just heard was amazing. What a great studio tool!!
It had some help from a Vintech pre, Distressor, and an Anamod, but those pieces of gear can't make a crap bass tone sound good so it was everything combined.
If you haven't used the Axe for bass, give it a shot. I am amazed.

cheers,
Steve

It sounds pretty nice. I don't have an actual bass amp, so this works well enough through my guitar cab to practice with. It's a really nice clean amp for guitar sounds, too. My 8-string loves it.

By the way, does anyone know which SVT it's based on?

A few weeks ago I got around to trying it for the first time. I thought it sounded great.

A week later I went to give it a try and it sounded awful. Very distorted and nasty. Thankfully it was just pilot error - the gain knob was cranked up too much since my bass has a much hotter signal than the last guitar I played through it. :)

guittarzzan said:
DrMosh said:
I totally love the SV bass model too, putting a filter infront to boost the input volume gives you an awesome clicky, slighty overdriven metal bass sound.

like this! http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8005746

Thanks for the tip. That bass sound is hideous...in a very cool way.

I'll have to check up on the patch again to see what's in it exactly and I haven't updated it for 9.03 yet. I'll post it or the settings here. you only really hear the bass when the main riff comes in at around 0:33

Back
Top Bottom