AFIII Some Les Paul JB style blues with the Axe-Fx III - *UPDATE - PRESET IN REPLIES!*

Thank you Austin this is the first amp pack that I have purchased and I don’t want to mess up.
I Am really looking foward to checking all of these presets out.

I have watched the fractal bot video multiple times and was having a hard time finding the different banks.
To me as as a newbie to this electronic world it is a little intimidating to say the least.
I got tired last night and thought I’d start again today with a fresh look.

I have to be in Ft Walton for a meeting this morning so I will work on the amp pack when I get back.
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

I’ll get it figured out with a little help from my friends in the fractal community, and AustinBuddy

I’ll post my progress later when I’m working on it again.
You'll get there. Go to about 3:30 in the video I sent above. You need to know where you downloaded the Naked Amps bank files (two of them).

Backup
1. Open FractalBot. Select device - Axe-Fx III, so it "sees' your unit.
2. Click on the RECEIVE tab above that.
3. Tell Fractal where you want to save you BACKUP (point to a computer directory).
4. Do a complete Backup first (start) and walk away for as long as 30 minutes, let it run - don't touch anything or play it. The Cabs will take a long time. But your are copying everything "just like it is" and saving it -- so you can always return to it.

*A secret tip: if you set your Axe-Fx III to an EMPTY preset before you start backing in in FractalBot (rather than a full preset) -- Bank D is all empty presets from the factory -- then all your banks will back up very quickly, in under five minutes!!! It's the 2000+ user CABS that that awhile. *

5. A progress bar willl appear. You will get a message when done. Click "okay to return to FractalBot main screen

Loading the 1400+ Naked Amps:

1. Click the SEND tab
2. in that middle directory area on the screen, you need to Browse to your computer where you downloaded and unzipped (you did unzip it, right?) the Naked Amps from my website.
3. Select Bank 1 from the Naked Amps folder with the unzipped banks showing.
4. Click SEND
5. It will now ask you "Where do you want tossed this?" You can choose A, B, C or D. wherever you send it, it overwrites what was there before. Try Bank D (empty).

6. It will send it, takes a minute or two. Then, exit FractalBot, and you will now have Bank D be the bank1 of Naked Amps, ready to check out, 6 or 8 scenes per preset. When you are ready later, load Bank 2. To use the bonus presets, you will need to load the provided User Cab IRs (or you'll get no sound),but that is for another day -- see my AustinBuddy YouTube video channel on that.

Enjoy!

You'll get there. Go to about 3:30 in the video I sent above. You need to know where you downloaded the Naked Amps bank files (two of them).

Backup
3. Tell Fractal where you want to save you BACKUP (point to a computer directory).
4. Do a complete Backup first (start) and walk away for as long as 30 minutes, let it run - don't touch anything or play it. The Cabs will take a long time. But your are copying everything "just like it is" and saving it -- so you can always return to it.

*A secret tip: if you set your Axe-Fx III to an EMPTY preset before you start backing in in FractalBot (rather than a full preset) -- Bank D is all empty presets from the factory -- then all your banks will back up very quickly, in under five minutes!!! It's the 2000+ user CABS that that awhile. *

5. A progress bar willl appear. You will get a message when done. Click "okay to return to FractalBot main screen

1. Click the SEND tab
2. in that middle directory area on the screen, you need to Browse to your computer where you downloaded and unzipped (you did unzip it, right?) the Naked Amps from my website.
4. Click SEND
5. It will now ask you "Where do you want tossed this?" You can choose A, B, C or D. wherever you send it, it overwrites what was there before. Try Bank D (empty).

6. It will send it, takes a minute or two. Then, exit FractalBot, and you will now have Bank D be the bank1 of Naked Amps, ready to check out, 6 or 8 scenes per preset. When you are ready later, load Bank 2. To use the bonus presets, you will need to load the provided User Cab IRs (or you'll get no sound),but that is for another day -- see my AustinBuddy YouTube video channel on that.

Enjoy!
Thank you so very much for all of this information you are the best I’m feeling good about all of the sound I know is going to be awesome.
I have not been able to spend the time on this as I thought I would today. It’s has been a long day for my wife an I

We are still battling our insurance company over our house that was wrecked from Hurricane Michael last October we have been living in our driveway in a 5th wheel not much fun.
9 months from the Hurricane and we have to hire an Attorney to get our house rebuilt. Sorry for all of that it’s just been hard with insurance saying our house was not wrecked by the Hurricane Cat 5 were lucky we’re alive.

Anyway tomorrow is another day and I’m going to follow your instructions and make some sound this is going to be awesome. So looking forward to this.

Once again Thank You and as soon as I make this happen I’ll post my progress. I’m sure I’ll have other questions to ask
Thank You AustinBuddy

I think that the player's touch is more crucial than the preset or the guitar!!
Definitely you have it, let me share here your voodoo child solo with a strat:

Last edited:
If you have backed everything up on FractalBot that's good.

You use FractalBot to send a bank to the Axe-Fx III. When you do that, it WILL overwrite existing presets in that bank (which is why you back them up - you can always reload them later!).

Now, the Axe-Fx III comes with three banks from the Factory - Banks A, B and C, plus an empty or "blank" Bank D. You can always re-download the Factory presets from the Factory website anytime. so don't worry about losing the originals.

So you need to decide where (what Bank) you want place or SEND the two AustinBuddy bank files to using FractalBot.

Maybe just start with my unzipped NakedAmps Bank 1 -- and load that into Bank D on the Axe-Fx III. The Supro you like is in Bank 1.

This video i(below) s old and was made for an Axe-Fx II and original 700+ Naked Amps, but the concepts in it are the same for the Axe-Fx III - it should help you out.

AustinBuddy
Thank you so much I have successfully loaded bank D and have been loving everything thing.
I have so much to work with this is absolutely awesome.
Thank you so much for your help and patience with me I will be lost in the sound of all of this now lol. I have a new found confidence in loading these packs.
Although I still am a little apprehensive about overwriting the first three banks. But I now because I have backed everything up I can just put them back.

To anyone looking for a great amp Pack AustinBuddy naked amps is a great pick!!!

Welcome aboard the AB Naked Amps family pack!! In all honesty, these are some of the best presets I have ever used on my Axe-FX.

That said, I do think David's tone is coming from his fingers/guitar a LOT. I have a very nice CC Gibson which I love, but I get very different results with the same preset that David used. Different guitar, different sounds! Hopefully, your guitar is a closer match to David's than mine!

However, I do get very close results on other AB patches from the Naked pack, again down to the guitar and my fingers being different.

I can easily understand why David made the error of accidentally sharing the preset in the first place, because the AB presets are such a nice and easy starting point. Tonally they are excellent, all you need to do is add your own effects etc.
Chucma thank you for helping me with your encouragement. And yes David Levi could teach me a thing our two for sure.
Well I’ll be working on checking out every amp in this naked amp pack this is great.

Did you load the whole pack and over write the factory presets just curious? or did you just pick a bank at a time?

I was just wondering I guess I haven’t got the courage to do that yet.

Thanks for your help

Any other suggestions on these amp just curious what everyone else is using.

Anyone on the fence about AustinBuddy naked amps just do it there awesome :)

Did you load the whole pack and over write the factory presets just curious? or did you just pick a bank at a time?

To be honest, I have almost completely replaced all the factory presets with all of the Naked Amp pack banks. So on my AxeFX, I have left the first 20 presets for my own use, then from 21 onwards I literally just dumped in all of the Naked Amp banks (I used Axe-Edit for this). I did install some of the original factory presets from Bank A on Bank D, and left a few more empty presets for my own use again. So basically I have 1-20 is my own, then all of the Naked Amp presets, then Bank A of the factory presets, then the remainder as empty presets for me.

This way I can easily fool around with the Naked Amps presets at my own leisure and not have to worry about loading them.

AustinBuddy
Thank you so much I have successfully loaded bank D and have been loving everything thing.
I have so much to work with this is absolutely awesome.
Thank you so much for your help and patience with me I will be lost in the sound of all of this now lol. I have a new found confidence in loading these packs.
Although I still am a little apprehensive about overwriting the first three banks. But I now because I have backed everything up I can just put them back.

To anyone looking for a great amp Pack AustinBuddy naked amps is a great pick!!!

Chucma thank you for helping me with your encouragement. And yes David Levi could teach me a thing our two for sure.
Well I’ll be working on checking out every amp in this naked amp pack this is great.

I was just wondering I guess I haven’t got the courage to do that yet.

Thanks for your help

Any other suggestions on these amp just curious what everyone else is using.

Anyone on the fence about AustinBuddy naked amps just do it there awesome :)
Just wanted to let you guys know I started a new thread in Axe Fx iii Recordings listed as AustinBuddy Naked Amps.
Thanks guys

no prob, if it makes you guys wanna get yourselves the buddy amp pack i'm fine with it:grin:

you can follow me on IG davidleviguitar , most if not all of the stuff i put there is with the axe fx 3.

https://www.instagram.com/davidleviguitar/
Thanks David man you are a very talented guitarist thanks for sharing the information on the supro.
Would love to learn some of those guitar licks :D very tasty indeed. Thanks for sharing the videos!

That’s the vibrato I’ve been trying to achieve for years! It’s funny how shaking a string can be such an elusive goal. Still waiting on some lessons on how to play those blues licks. ;)

The Divided By 13 Boosted sounds excellent for this type of thing too with my Les Paul. It’s become my favorite preset/scene from Buddy’s pack to use with that guitar. I put the spring reverb on it and got very close to David’s tone. I’ve trying to get some of those licks down, but even after I slow it down it is too fast for me.

Highly recommend trying that preset out from Buddy’s pack! Very responsive to the guitar controls!

Edit: Just realized I mixed up some things in my preset by accident and it turned out really cool! I was using:
Preset: DividedBy13 "CJ" v5
Scene: BoostModeLead
for the amp, but the cabs were from a Fender Vibrato Verb:
Factory 1 #644, #634, and #620 all together.
Love to hear what you think of that combination! Sounds very smooth and Bluesy to me.

Last edited:
The Divided By 13 Boosted sounds excellent for this type of thing too with my Les Paul. It’s become my favorite preset/scene from Buddy’s pack to use with that guitar. I put the spring reverb on it and got very close to David’s tone. I’ve trying to get some of those licks down, but even after I slow it down it is too fast for me.

Highly recommend trying that preset out from Buddy’s pack! Very responsive to the guitar controls!

Edit: Just realized I mixed up some things in my preset by accident and it turned out really cool! I was using:
Preset: DividedBy13 "CJ" v5
Scene: BoostModeLead
for the amp, but the cabs were from a Fender Vibrato Verb:
Factory 1 #644, #634, and #620 all together.
Love to hear what you think of that combination! Sounds very smooth and Bluesy to me.

Hey just to let everyone know I have move the thread to Axe fx iii Recording
It’s under AustinBuddy Naked Amp Packs.

Thanks for sharing your settings

Backup

1. Click the SEND tab
4. Click SEND

Enjoy!
Greetings AustinBuddy
This question my have a thread somewhere but I don’t see it.
My Question - is there a way to open your IR Naked amp packs so I can view them in a folder on my desk top, and then perhaps drag an drop them to Axe Edit.

That way I can see them and just load what I want at the time

I have bank D filled with your ir’s but I would like to view them on my desktop.

I don’t know if I can export them from the Axe fx iii to my desktop to a folder.

Thanks

Greetings AustinBuddy
My Question - is there a way to open your IR Naked amp packs so I can view them in a folder on my desk top, and then perhaps drag an drop them to Axe Edit.

I have bank D filled with your ir’s but I would like to view them on my desktop.

I don’t know if I can export them from the Axe fx iii to my desktop to a folder.

Thanks
No, because the are in a bank file and not viewable through Mac or Windows as individual presets. You have you use Axe-Edit’s preset manager to see the individual presets. But you CAN load them there in the left side browser window and audition them before you commit to writing to the hardware. It’s all in the AxeEdit tutorials on YouTube I did on-line as well.

Greetings AustinBuddy

Thanks
Also -an IR is for a Cab only, a preset is in a bank file.

So if you are ONLY talking about Cab IRs, not whole Naked Amp presets, then YES you can see those IRS in a Cab Pack individually in windows or Mac and just pull over directly into axe-Edit Cab Manager and save to hardware...

No, because the are in a bank file and not viewable through Mac or Windows as individual presets. You have you use Axe-Edit’s preset manager to see the individual presets. But you CAN load them there in the left side browser window and audition them before you commit to writing to the hardware. It’s all in the AxeEdit tutorials on YouTube I did on-line as well.

Ok thanks I wasn’t sure I will go into your tutorials and check them out thank you

Also -an IR is for a Cab only, a preset is in a bank file.

So if you are ONLY talking about Cab IRs, not whole Naked Amp presets, then YES you can see those IRS in a Cab Pack individually in windows or Mac and just pull over directly into axe-Edit Cab Manager and save to hardware...
Ok great I sure do appreciate you posting this information On the Cab Ir’s that makes sense. Presets are in the bank files oh I get it.
My poor old brain is working overtime lol thanks again.
I have really been enjoying your your amp pack every time I think this is it I find something else that I love.
I know other forum members that have also purchased your packs and they are also loving them.
Looking forward forward to checking out your work in the future.
Thanks again AustinBuddy

Is the Video a direct recording or we hear the sound coming from your speakers at home ?
Sounds to me like your speakers sound....which would mean that @Freds55 will have lots of trouble to replicate that sound I guess.....?

Is the Video a direct recording or we hear the sound coming from your speakers at home ?
Sounds to me like your speakers sound....which would mean that @Freds55 will have lots of trouble to replicate that sound I guess.....?
Well the sound I have is very cool but it isn’t the sound that I’m hearing from David but I really like what he has shared.
And he is a much more accomplished musician with his picking than I.

I’m also only using a Mg 30dfx amp because my studio is packed away because we are living in a trailer in our driveway because of Hurricane Michael wrecking our house last October but that’s another story.

So I kind of just chalked it up what I have to play through right now.

I am also very new to this black magic box :D and have so much to learn.
I have always been old school with my rack mount gear. Fractal has opened a whole new world to me.

With my stock presets, and AustinBuddies Nacked amp pack all I can say is wow very awesome.

I so appreciate the fractal community and everything that everyone shares is great, and have have received so much help and kind words.

I love to have a clean sound for our gigs, that I put maybe some comp, chorus, reverb, delay at times and I like a dirty channel to kick the lead.

With AB & Fas presets I’m finding so much more sound then I have ever had.

This forum is great :)

Thanks Anand Mahangoe

Back
Top Bottom