AFIII Some Les Paul JB style blues with the Axe-Fx III - *UPDATE - PRESET IN REPLIES!*

It was from an earlier version of the Naked Amps pack that David made some changes to....highly recommended!
www.austinbuddy.com
Hey Brad
I was looking at some of the packs that Austin Buddy has put out.
I have never purchased any of these packs or any others and really loved the sound David Levi had and would really love to replicate it.
I’m still messing with the presets from Leon’s new song Rust and have really been digging them.
David also posted wicked game and that is another one I’m digging great song.
Anyway thanks for responding looking for a good blues sound.

The preset was the Supro one, but I’ve not been able to get that sound from the OP’s video. :oops:
Awesome
I take it is an older AustinBuddy cab pack?

And can we get that sound with the Axe Fx III ?

One more thing can we get that sound with @austinbuddy new naked amps pack for Axe Fx iii?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks everyone

Awesome
I take it is an older AustinBuddy cab pack?

And can we get that sound with the Axe Fx III ?

One more thing can we get that sound with @austinbuddy new naked amps pack for Axe Fx iii?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks everyone

It's an older Austin Buddy preset that is now renamed to 'Supro Dual Tone* v5' in the current pack. The older version was called 'Supro 1984T Dual Tone'. The scene names are very similar to the current preset but with different wording - Austin Buddy did change his naming convention recently so this makes sense.

It's an older Austin Buddy preset that is now renamed to 'Supro Dual Tone* v5' in the current pack. The older version was called 'Supro 1984T Dual Tone'. The scene names are very similar to the current preset but with different wording - Austin Buddy did change his naming convention recently so this makes sense.
All of us who own the AB Naked Amps for III know their near-essential value. ...sadly, the missing ingredient from getting David’s tone may very well be in his fingers and technique, not to mention the sweet guitars. ...BTW the Supro is even more fun now with the Added Tone control on the the authentic page on 6.04!

Thanks Chucma for the information man I really want to replicate that sound.

Really appreciate you helping me out with this I guess now I have to pony up for an AustinBuddy naked pack.
If you come up with anymore information on the Supro Dual Tone* v5 setting from the earlier Supro 1984T Dual Tone please pass a settings you can along. Thanks absolutely awesome.
Man this is a start in the right direction :)

All of us who own the AB Naked Amps for III know their near-essential value. ...sadly, the missing ingredient from getting David’s tone may very well be in his fingers and technique, not to mention the sweet guitars. ...BTW the Supro is even more fun now with the Added Tone control on the the authentic page on 6.04!
Sweet thanks Brad
Man I would have never have figured any of this out by myself...
You guys are awesome. Any other information is appreciated :D

Thanks Chucma for the information man I really want to replicate that sound.

Really appreciate you helping me out with this I guess now I have to pony up for an AustinBuddy naked pack.
If you come up with anymore information on the Supro Dual Tone* v5 setting from the earlier Supro 1984T Dual Tone please pass a settings you can along. Thanks absolutely awesome.
Man this is a start in the right direction :)
You will not regret it, I promise!

The Supro is a pretty simple amp to dial in, depending on what you want - really just two controls. Drive between 4 and 5.5, tone at noon, adjust LEVEL to get to -12db. If it sounds too muddy or boxy, go to amp GEQ and drop a little around 250Hz for a few db to taste.

Pick a good cab. The Supremo 2x12 mix is good but I like very much adding in a 1x6 oval to give it the mid punch. I also like the Hawaii 1X12 cab with this amp a LOT.

(Note that Jimmy Page used a ToneBender with his alot, set the drive low on that pedal)

The Supro is a pretty simple amp to dial in, depending on what you want - really just two controls. Drive between 4 and 5.5, tone at noon, adjust LEVEL to get to -12db. If it sounds too muddy or boxy, go to amp GEQ and drop a little around 250Hz for a few db to taste.

Pick a good cab. The Supremo 2x12 mix is good but I like very much adding in a 1x6 oval to give it the mid punch. I also like the Hawaii 1X12 cab with this amp a LOT.

(Note that Jimmy Page used a ToneBender with his alot, set the drive low on that pedal)

Austin, thanks for your feedback, it is a great sound and a great amp pack. to anyone who is interested in the preset, you will find it in the naked amp pack by the name Supro 1984T dual tone, you can grab it from austin , all I've done was add a small spring reverb to get the JB studio feel.

Thank you AustinBuddy
I’m going to go and get the naked amp pack later this afternoon thank you for letting me know (Supro) is what I was looking for.
Really looking forward to all the rest of your your presets

Austin, thanks for your feedback, it is a great sound and a great amp pack. to anyone who is interested in the preset, you will find it in the naked amp pack by the name Supro 1984T dual tone, you can grab it from austin , all I've done was add a small spring reverb to get the JB studio feel.
Hi David thanks for posting the amp pack and the little tweaks you made thanks man.
Looking foward to dialing it in the preset as soon as I download AustinBuddy naked amp packs.
Thanks

@David Levi Can you let us/Fred know which SCENE it was in the Supro?

@Freds55 5 -- Remember you won't have that great guitar and David's hands! ;)

Thank you AustinBuddy
Just ordered the naked amps pack Axe Fx III
Appreciate you helping and David Levi helping me out.
Can’t wait to dig into this pack Thanks Again

Hey guys
I pulled the trigger on AustinBuddy naked amp pack and need a little help.
I’m trying to figure out the best way to import the amp pack.
I am confused I’ve read everything and I don’t get it.
How do i load the amp pack, I’ve read about axe fx iii and axe edit, and the Bot.
Can someone tell me the best way to load AustinBuddy naked amp pack.

I have backed up everything with fractal Bot

I am not sure will this over write existing factory presets?

If not than were do I want them to be? And how do I get them there.

Sorry for the I don’t have a clue question. I have imported single IR’s but never a whole pack like the naked amp pack.

Any help would be awesome

Last edited:
Hey guys
I pulled the trigger on AustinBuddy naked amp pack and need a little help.
I’m trying to figure out the best way to import the amp pack.
I am confused I’ve read everything and I don’t get it.
How do i load the amp pack, I’ve read about axe fx iii and axe edit, and the Bot.
Can someone tell me the best way to load AustinBuddy naked amp pack.

I have backed up everything with fractal Bot

I am not sure will this over write existing factory presets?

If not than were do I want them to be? And how do I get them there.

Sorry for the I don’t have a clue question. I have imported single IR’s but never a whole pack like the naked amp pack.

Any help would be awesome

If you have backed everything up on FractalBot that's good.

You use FractalBot to send a bank to the Axe-Fx III. When you do that, it WILL overwrite existing presets in that bank (which is why you back them up - you can always reload them later!).

Now, the Axe-Fx III comes with three banks from the Factory - Banks A, B and C, plus an empty or "blank" Bank D. You can always re-download the Factory presets from the Factory website anytime. so don't worry about losing the originals.

So you need to decide where (what Bank) you want place or SEND the two AustinBuddy bank files to using FractalBot.

Maybe just start with my unzipped NakedAmps Bank 1 -- and load that into Bank D on the Axe-Fx III. The Supro you like is in Bank 1.

This video i(below) s old and was made for an Axe-Fx II and original 700+ Naked Amps, but the concepts in it are the same for the Axe-Fx III - it should help you out.

Thank you AustinBuddy
Just ordered the naked amps pack Axe Fx III
Appreciate you helping and David Levi helping me out.
Can’t wait to dig into this pack Thanks Again

Welcome aboard the AB Naked Amps family pack!! In all honesty, these are some of the best presets I have ever used on my Axe-FX.

That said, I do think David's tone is coming from his fingers/guitar a LOT. I have a very nice CC Gibson which I love, but I get very different results with the same preset that David used. Different guitar, different sounds! Hopefully, your guitar is a closer match to David's than mine!

However, I do get very close results on other AB patches from the Naked pack, again down to the guitar and my fingers being different.

I can easily understand why David made the error of accidentally sharing the preset in the first place, because the AB presets are such a nice and easy starting point. Tonally they are excellent, all you need to do is add your own effects etc.

If you have backed everything up on FractalBot that's good.

You use FractalBot to send a bank to the Axe-Fx III. When you do that, it WILL overwrite existing presets in that bank (which is why you back them up - you can always reload them later!).

Now, the Axe-Fx III comes with three banks from the Factory - Banks A, B and C, plus an empty or "blank" Bank D. You can always re-download the Factory presets from the Factory website anytime. so don't worry about losing the originals.

So you need to decide where (what Bank) you want place or SEND the two AustinBuddy bank files to using FractalBot.

Maybe just start with my unzipped NakedAmps Bank 1 -- and load that into Bank D on the Axe-Fx III. The Supro you like is in Bank 1.

This video i(below) s old and was made for an Axe-Fx II and original 700+ Naked Amps, but the concepts in it are the same for the Axe-Fx III - it should help you out.

Thank you Austin this is the first amp pack that I have purchased and I don’t want to mess up.
I Am really looking foward to checking all of these presets out.

I have watched the fractal bot video multiple times and was having a hard time finding the different banks.
To me as as a newbie to this electronic world it is a little intimidating to say the least.
I got tired last night and thought I’d start again today with a fresh look.

I have to be in Ft Walton for a meeting this morning so I will work on the amp pack when I get back.
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

I’ll get it figured out with a little help from my friends in the fractal community, and AustinBuddy

I’ll post my progress later when I’m working on it again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom