Some interesting stuff from Dar amps... there goes Meshuggah, check out the IR thigy

dpeterson

Axe-Master
Hey guys

Sorry for the late reply. Took a while to get back from NAMM...

What an amazing week. It was great to catch up with and meet some of the HRI crew. Wish there was more time to hang though. I have a few ideas for next time for sure...

Dru, thanks for the report. You sounded killer through the amp.

Unfortunately, we ran out of time and could not get the prototypes ready for the show. But they are almost done and I will be posting updates in this thread over the next couple of weeks. Plan is to head back to Sweden end of February for final testing and begin production in March. The first product will be the FBM100 head, followed by the preamp pedal, the IR processors, and finally the big flagship, the FBM100X head with built in IR processing.

We just posted another 'making of' video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYT31cuO9Ug

We will also post images of the products on our FB site as well as official web site in the next couple of days.

For those interested, here are the specs for all the Future Breed Machine products: (sorry that this makes this message super long!!!)

FBM-PX - Fredrik Thordendal Signature Preamp Pedal (target street price of $890 USD, and target availability in April)

The FBM-PX is an advanced 4 channel tube Preamp with and an industry leading Impulse Response engine that delivers Fredrik’s trademark crushing Meshuggah tones in a very compact floor based form factor. This pedal will deliver the same tones and feel as a player’s traditional head and cabinet based rig, while being able to fit into a backpack.

The FBM-PX is the ultimate no compromise way to build a travel, back-up or practice rig when run through in-ear or stage monitors. Optionally it can also be run through a power amp and cab for a traditional setup, complementary to monitors.

4 custom voiced tube preamps (Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, Lead)
Industry’s highest resolution (10,000 point) custom impulse responses (IR’s) created by Jocke Skog, which include power amp, cabinet, and mic combinations
Adaptive Dynamics on IR’s to address the changing behavior of power amps and cabinets when pushed
Full stereo operation
Adjustable delay control for simulating a second guitarist on second channel
All aluminum construction
2 line - 20 character illuminated display
Full midi control with locking MIDI in and DIN thru
Illuminated Carling switches
Custom voiced advanced noise gate
Channel assignable FX loop (series/parallel/off)
Balanced I/O for re-amping and 4-cable fx processor integration
Pre-IR outputs for interfacing to power amps
Post IR balanced outputs for interfacing to mixers/monitors/PA
Headphone out
USB interface and PC/MAC editor for management of IR’s
Global voltage selector
Hand built in California, USA

FBM-X (target street price of $590 USD, and target availability in May)

The FBM-X is the first product in its class that allows guitarists, bassists, and engineers to run the industry’s highest resolution Impulse Responses without the need for computers and their associated latency issues. No more inconsistent live sound, stage mics, or having to mic multiple cabinets in a recording session.

The FBM-X is also an ideal companion to the many modellers/fx processors available today, as it adds tremendous flexibility in tone shaping and addresses one of the most noted complaints with existing products, the limitation of their cabinet simulations.

Industry’s highest resolution (10,000 point) custom impulse responses (IR’s) created by Jocke Skog, which include power amp, cabinet, and mic combinations
Adaptive Dynamics on IR’s to address the changing behavior of power amps and cabinets when pushed
Full stereo operation
Black powder coated chassis
2 line - 20 character illuminated display for IR management
Full midi control with locking MIDI and DIN thru
Pre-IR outputs for interfacing to power amps in parallel to IR’s

FBM-XL (target street price of $890 USD, and target availability in May)

The FBM-XL contains all the features of the FBM-X and adds a powerful load box which allows for the running of high power tube heads without the need for cabinets, drastically reducing the overall amount of gear musicians need to take to gigs.

The FBM-XL is also a very useful tool for the studio, where it is commonplace to have multiple amplifier heads in the control room, by allowing them to run silently and safely without attached cabinets.

Same features as FBM-X with the additon of a Load box that supports up to 120 watt amplifiers

FBM-100H - Fredrik Thordendal Signature Amplifier Head (target street price of $2690 USD, and target availability in March)

The FBM-100H is a brutal 4 channel Amplifier Head that delivers Fredrik’s trademark crushing Meshuggah tones and more, in a straight forward, cost effective and no nonsense package.

100 Watt Class A via 4 6c33B power tubes
Auto Bias power tubes with failure indicator lights
4 Channel custom voiced tube preamps (Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, Lead)
All aluminum black anodized shell
Custom voiced advanced noise gate
Channel assignable FX loop (series/parallel/off)
Balanced I/O for re-amping and 4-cable fx processor integration
Global voltage selector

FBM-100HX - Fredrik Thordendal Signature Amplifier Head (target street price of $3990 USD, and target availability in late May)

The FBM-100HX is DAR Amps’ new flagship amplifier. It is one of the most technologically advanced amps in the industry and delivers Fredrik’s trademark crushing Meshuggah tones and beyond. It also includes the very latest in DSP processing with an industry leading Impulse Response engine. This is the amp for those looking for the ultimate in high gain modern metal tone. From beautiful cleans all the way to highest gain of levels, this signature delivers in all aspects without compromise.

100 Watt or 50 Watt Stereo Class A operation (assignable per channel) via 4 6c33B power tubes
Auto Bias power tubes with failure indicator lights
4 Channel custom voiced tube preamps (Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, Lead)
Adjustable variable delay control for simulating a second guitarist on second channel
All aluminum black anodized shell
2 line - 20 character illuminated display for IR management
Custom voiced channel assignable advanced noise gate
Channel assignable mono FX loop (series/parallel/off) with send/return levels
Channel assignable stereo FX loop (series/parallel/off) with send/return levels
Balanced I/O for re-amping and 4-cable fx processor integration with send/return levels
Headphone out
Pre-IR outputs for interfacing to power amps
Tuner out
DI out
Custom DMX 512 Lighting controller with super accurate sensitivity control

ThanksPaul

nice, what is the eta for these?

ignore me, sorry i should learn not to speed read.

Last edited:
Want.
Will have 8)

so will I, if it delivers.

The 10000 point resolution for IRs sounds promising due to narrower q for low end shaping.
For the FBM-PX I think they are putting the power amp section into the IR processing unit which is dsp driven.
I hope it will be appareled whith a decent power amp sim.

That signature pedal sounds interesting, but the price point seems a little out of whack. $900 for 4 amp models? I'm sure it works for him, but when compared to the value of an Axe FX Standard, that's not terribly great. Of course when compared to a traditional tube amp of that caliber it's a good deal.

DAR FBM100 UPDATE!
DAR Update! FBM100 preorders are being wrapped up and will be shipping shortly. The new limited production run FBM100's are getting ready to be reserved for order placement, there are no orders being taken at this time, however we're running an early promotion for those willing to sign up for one in 2012 by offering a free ATA flight case with your purchase. We'll be demo'ing the new FBM100 on Jan. 7th at our Palo Alto facility and will post videos of that event as well as additional updates as to turnaround times. For more info, go to San Jose Rock Shop - and have a great holiday!

Back
Top Bottom