some hbe and acoustic stuff (melodic death/black metal in Bb)

zombieritual

Inspired

it's just a demo to get the idea for the song down but yeah i tried to make a new hbe preset to see how i liked the newer versions that got added awhile ago. the acoustic is from my Ibanez baritone acoustic electric with a tone match from an opeth song. the bass is the tone from the newest video that @Guitarjon posted on youtube, and is awesome!

Last edited:
The acoustic stuff is great. Was it recorded electro acoustically? Or passed through the axe in post? IMO a simple micing makes the world of difference and really opens it up. I've never been a fan of electro acoustics. ACoustic + Condenssor = awesome.

The acoustic stuff is great. Was it recorded electro acoustically? Or passed through the axe in post? IMO a simple micing makes the world of difference and really opens it up. I've never been a fan of electro acoustics. ACoustic + Condenssor = awesome.

thanks! i just plugged straight into the axe to record, it gets hot in my room in the summer and my house only has a few window air conditioner units so it was too noisy to put mics up. it's also just a demo for the time being, whenever i get around to recording it for an album i'll definitely be recording with mics and maybe making a tone match of that or something.

Very cool! Reminds me of some old In Flames!
thanks!

Those riffs are tasty. Very surprised how good an acoustic tone you got as well from just playing straight in
thanks! i think the tone match definitely had a lot to do with that, but i was also pretty pleased with how it turned out. it probably would have been better if i had done some amount of post processing but this was more of a demo to get a feel for the song and not ruin the fun of the moment by mixing and everything

Coool riffing and that acoustic tone is great. I underline the old In Flames vibe too which is nice, i used to be a die hard In Flames fan back in the late 90's :D Also nice to hear heavier stuff too in here. :)

Back
Top Bottom