Some good old rock 'n roll! (Smallbox, OH MAR-CB M20-PR, JTV-59)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Hi friends!

I just uploaded a new tune that I made to demo the new Ownhammer Marshall-CB G12M 'pre-rola' release.
It's kind of inspired by bands such as Led Zeppelin and Ac/dc but with some country rock vibes.
The Friedman Smallbox worked so well for this tune.
It's chewy and warm and it pairs well with that OH cab.

I used my JTV-59 again on the Les Paul setting.
So everything that you are hearing guitar-wise is modeled.
Pretty incredible what we can do these days.

Enjoy!

Good old soundcloud:

ps: I've started a new video series for my Sonic Drive Studio YT channel in which we will compare amp models.
The first video about the Mesa Boogie MK series amps is coming to you soon so please hit subscribe @YT or follow us on www.facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio to stay up to date!
Cheers

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic! Do you also use slate digital for the mix?
I've seen you videos on YT and loved them, keep going man!
By the way I've never heard before about the jtv59, and now I'm interested.can you tell about your feeling with acoustic stuffs?

Tks a lot for your work.

Absolutely fantastic! Do you also use slate digital for the mix?
I've seen you videos on YT and loved them, keep going man!
By the way I've never heard before about the jtv59, and now I'm interested.can you tell about your feeling with acoustic stuffs?

Tks a lot for your work.

Yeah I definitely use Slate Digital for the mix.
The only non Slate plugins that I used in this mix are LX480 and the Eiosis EQ.

The acoustic tones from the JTV-59 are really convincing....
Maybe I'll record a clip soon!

Hi Jon,
Great Sound!!!!
Can you tell me more about the Preset and which IR(s) you have used?
The presets are very basic.
The rhythm tones are just the Smallbox Friedman amp.
Bass set at about 3, mids at about 7/8 and treble at 9 or so.
Not sure about the presence but just fiddle until it sounds good. :)
For the leads I used the FAS boost pedal as a mild boost.

The IR's I used were the OH-2 quickstart file for the rhythms, and the OH-1 quickstart for the leads.

Awesome as always Jon! Please keep going with the video series. I really appreciate those. I am going through and studying all of them in detail right now and checking against how I mix and it is really helping me. It's also resulting in me spending more money with Slate and OH :mad: :)

Hi Jon,
Sounds great! I actually picked up a JTV-59 a month ago to try it out and think it's a surprising good guitar. I also have the OH IR you are using and an Axe FXII XL. Any way you could share the patch?

Hi Jon,
Sounds great! I actually picked up a JTV-59 a month ago to try it out and think it's a surprising good guitar. I also have the OH IR you are using and an Axe FXII XL. Any way you could share the patch?
Yeah it's surprisingly good for sure!
I'd love to hear you play it, any clips?

Back
Top Bottom