Some Foreigner and Mighty G Chords

Great huge tone and playing again Mark :)

Is that recorded through Logic Pro X? if so is the guitar tracks completely dry so it's just purely Axe Fx and nothing added on top?

Is there any chance of sharing the patch? :D

Last edited:
Great huge tone and playing again Mark :)

Is that recorded through Logic Pro X? if so is the guitar tracks completely dry so it's just purely Axe Fx and nothing added on top?
Is there any chance of sharing the patch? :D

I use Logic Pro X. I add a Waves C4 and LL3 Ultra to all my recordings to blast the levels up. I send L and R from the AxeFx II XL to separate tracks in Logic panned hard left/right and add a Sample delay to one side to widen the guitar. All effects are the AxeFx II XL (pitch detune, Delays, Reverb, etc).

Here is the preset. http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5060 please note I used Scene 3 throughout. There is a VOL/PAN block so you may want to change that to a shunt if your expression pedal is not assigned to that block modifier.

Mark

Mark ... !

I have to tell you that when I saw you posted this yesterday ..., I took the opportunity to test out my new UHD 65" TV .... You were the 1st YouTube vid that I streamed on the new gear ....

Anyway it was 'cool' to see you playing in all your Hi-Def glory fully lifesize in my living room .... :cool:

In fact, I think my 10 year old daughter has a brand new "crush" .... :eek:

Just thought you should know ! ;)

Mark ... !

I have to tell you that when I saw you posted this yesterday ..., I took the opportunity to test out my new UHD 65" TV .... You were the 1st YouTube vid that I streamed on the new gear ....

Anyway it was 'cool' to see you playing in all your Hi-Def glory fully lifesize in my living room .... :cool:

In fact, I think my 10 year old daughter has a brand new "crush" .... :eek:

Just thought you should know ! ;)

Figures that I forgot to set my Nikon to 60fps, lol.

Mark

Hey Mark! I always love your videos. You're such a great player.

I'm just curious with your recording set up, is there a reason you do the delay widening guitar trick in Logic instead of in the Axe? Same question for using the waves plugins. Could you achieve the same type of thing with Axe's compressor and limiter? Just wondering.

Thx!

Hey Mark! I always love your videos. You're such a great player.

I'm just curious with your recording set up, is there a reason you do the delay widening guitar trick in Logic instead of in the Axe? Same question for using the waves plugins. Could you achieve the same type of thing with Axe's compressor and limiter? Just wondering.

Thx!
I'm sure you could do the same thing with the AxeFx. I have always used these Waves plugins when recording and I find they work for me. I'm very lazy when something works. Kinda like "if it's not broken, don't fix it. The Logic stuff is just a more exaggerated version of what I already do inside the AxeFx with the short delay (40-60ms) and the Enhancer block.

Back
Top Bottom