Some F# fun - Dingwall + Axe-Fx II + B7K

selta

Power User
Messing around with some F# goodness tonight. It's taking some (read: quite a bit) of adjusting to for really dirty tones. Normally I don't add this much grind/distortion, but I wanted to explore a bit. This is a riff from an old song from my theatrical operatic metal band.

1)

2)

3)

4)

I've had to go pretty far from my normal preset to really make the Axe-Fx II and F# agree to play nicely together. It's been a bit of a headache, to be quiet honest. One I wasn't really expecting it. I knew that I'd be in for some tweaking, especially with EQ, but so far I'm about 7 hours into my main preset and it's still not where I want it to be. I'll get there, eventually :). The "mostly clean" (#1) above is where I am with it now - that preset is the foundation for both band's various presets.

that B7K clip is my favorite of the lot, very piano like to my ears. really wish there was at least even a FAS pedal model emulating it bc the sounds I hear from people using em are killer

Yeah. The B7K is such an important pedal for bassists! It bothers me quite a bit that it isn't present. Yes, I have probably 20 (maybe more?) tone matches that I have created (and a handful SeeD did as well). I've spent a number of hours trying to find the right mixture of "in the box" pedals that would even get me close, and there is just nothing. At least we have tone match I suppose. I've bought and sold a B7K four different times now when I needed a new tone match. The last time, someone local bought it and he agreed to let me borrow it if I need more TMs later.

Back
Top Bottom