Some Dream Theater covers played live with AX8.

That sounds fantastic!

Can you give some insight into what you've got in your AX8 patches to get those tones?

Thank you guys! I've always loved petrucci's tone, specially at live scenes from new york.

EDIT: Still kinda shocked with fractal's quality.

Nice! I sent the link to John Petrucci. Your singer is ridiculously good.
Maybe next time you can attenuate the recording mic so it isn't quite as overloaded.

That sounds fantastic!

Can you give some insight into what you've got in your AX8 patches to get those tones?
Sure! Clean tone is the Shiva. For Crunch and Lead i used the Friedman HBE with a ts808 in front and petrucci v30 cab. Lead tone is boosted by a filter. In the first video the lead tone is blended with the piezo.

Let me know if you want the .syx! Had to use the global eq though!

Sure! Clean tone is the Shiva. For Crunch and Lead i used the Friedman HBE with a ts808 in front and petrucci v30 cab. Lead tone is boosted by a filter. In the first video the lead tone is blended with the piezo.

Let me know if you want the .syx! Had to use the global eq though!
Yes please!

Really like your clips. I've been looking at an Ax8 for a few months and your clips inspired me to sign up and post here.

If I understand right, you used different amp models for each tone? Was there any problems with gaps when channel switching in this way or running into DSP/CPU constraints? I didn't hear any gap problems in these clips, but does it ever be a problem in other Dream Theater songs? Is there any compromises needed?

Really loved the sound of those clips.

There it is! Remember i used the global eq as in the picture.

9xqZGp5.jpg

Really like your clips. I've been looking at an Ax8 for a few months and your clips inspired me to sign up and post here.

If I understand right, you used different amp models for each tone? Was there any problems with gaps when channel switching in this way or running into DSP/CPU constraints? I didn't hear any gap problems in these clips, but does it ever be a problem in other Dream Theater songs? Is there any compromises needed?

Really loved the sound of those clips.

Didnt have any trouble. This is the second time i play DT live with my AX8 and it behaved good. Anyway, be carefull to not overcharge the cpu (More than 70-75) if you want a smoth transition from amp x (Shiva) to y (HBE) using scenes.

Attachments

• Angus-Tiado.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 105
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind with the cpu usage. You get some great DT tones while keeping the CPU low, so that's encouraging to show what Ax8 is capable of in the right hands.

By the way, I also love Live Scenes in New York and base that as my base DT tone whenever dialling something in, and also prefer the fills and solos.. in a lot of cases I prefer those versions compared to the album versions. It was a great show.

Damn! Well done. A tasty selection of some of my favorite songs too. Really hoping to catch DT again for their Images and Words tour so I can hear Another Day, Take the Time, and Learning to Live in person.

Back
Top Bottom