• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Some DOOM amps.

Drama

Inspired
Rather than start a new thread, I'll use this one.

Would like to see some of these make an appearance for sure.

Ant Music

Power User
Actually this would be a great idea. I'd rather see some more work on the effects and other aspects of the Axe Fx than more amps but this would definitely be a great amp to add to the collection.

VegaBaby

Fractal Fanatic
have to agree on the Matamp and the Sunn. I'm not a Doom player by a long shot (apart from the video game when I was a kid), but they definitely sound very different to what we've got and could find use for a variety of different applications as well.

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
I am pretty surprised that the Axe doesn't have too much here. Of course, you can always go with a Marshall and a fuzz or the Orange + pedal route (but I don't think the RV is not really the Orange amp of choice for the doom stuff, it is more the Thunderverb or OR, I think).

I'd love to see the vintage/boutique doom amps like Matamp/Sunn but even barring that, the modern Oranges are super popular and the Axe only has one. :)

zenaxe

Fractal Fanatic
Thanks for posting the YT. I had no idea there was a reissue. That sounds pretty darn cool. Defnitely would love to hear/play a modeled version of either of those guys.

Nonservium

So what would have to do in order to get this done? I would love to have access to these models. I'm guessing someone would have to mail Cliff a head or two?

Rain

Power User
This brings back so many Memories my second amp was a Sunn Concert Lead, that amp was great I wish I still had it. I'm going to contact the guy I sold it to on Facebook and see if he still has it...

Last edited:
Top Bottom