Some Axe-FX II Photos from Today's Gig - Share some of yours!!!!

From our gig last week. We're a Rush tribute called "Blame Canada", hence the Canadiens gear.

36b89afb-b758-4930-add9-7dba5eba5914_zpsb7777616.jpg

Just out of curiosity... Where did you get that patch bay? Does it add any noise? I built a patchy bay last year using all RedCo components with a combo of Mogami and Monster Cable wire to connect it. When I have everything all plugged in I get this nasty digital whining sound. Nothing I do changes it except NOT using my patch bay.

Live Gig. AXE-FX II, Peavey CS200 poweramp, custom patchbay, AllAccess
View attachment 14315

Played at one of my church's new satellite campuses this weekend20130414_083307.jpg

Next week, I'm back at the main campus for the rest of April and most of May. Taking off a month after that while my son will be home on leave from the Army.

Loving version 10. The campus sound man normally mixes a player that uses a Line6 Vetta, and a couple of other guys that have X3 Lives. The dude that uses the Vetta was out of town and I was there to cover for his absence. He also actually owns a JVM with 4x12 and fronts an 80's cover band, and the soundman mixes that band too. So this soundman hears a lot of guitars, in different styles and in different acoustic environments.

I brought an HD500 to rehearsal on Wednesday and met everyone for the first time at that campus. The sound man made the rehearsal recording sound really respectible - better than our main campus rehearsal recordings usually sound. I knew he was going to have a great attention to detail on Sunday.

I sent him a photo of my rack during the week, but I don't think he knew much about Fractal.

He was blown away at my sounds Sunday morning at 7am sound check. Thanks to Scott's video on unity gain, I'm able to conjure up new sounds, and maintain unity, and give myself headroom for boosts when I need to. Gone, are the days, when my output would be radically different from one weekend to the next, or from one song to the next, as I created new patches. Now I'm consistent and know where to go on the menu to check my levels before I go on to the next patch.

When I knew we were upgrading firmware, I didn't get panicked. I went into my old patches, toggled the amps (and the cabs, just to be thorough) and then reset all my levels to get everything consistent through the scenes. Love the ability to save volumes on each scene - the best invention ever.

Great thread Scott. Just curious. What is the pedalboard you are using and does it have a case for transport?

Back
Top Bottom