Some Americana stomp for your morning

gdgross

Experienced
I realized i never posted a link to my bands record which came out last august. Shame on my lack of shameless self promotion.

I was pretty happy with the the whole thing, but the electric guitar sounds also. All electrics were recorded DI through either the AXII or the AX8.

Interestingly, even though the fractal products sound fantastic, I've found that I really really love the ocean way plugin from UA. It has a really nice way of making the DI'd guitars sound less DI'd.

Anyway, here's one from the album. P90 tele for the main riff through a AC30 model. rhythm was a hollowbody with a filtertron, similar amp model.

I use a couple of apollo 8s for my recording preamp and was wondering about the Ocean Way plugin. I really do like the sound of their stuff much, but havent tried the ocean way yet. Im gathering you think its work the price? Ive a discount offer from them, just curious.

Damn, I love it! I'm going to check out the rest of the album as well. Great guitar and great vocals too! Songwriting is spot on as well.

Nicely done!

I use a couple of apollo 8s for my recording preamp and was wondering about the Ocean Way plugin. I really do like the sound of their stuff much, but havent tried the ocean way yet. Im gathering you think its work the price? Ive a discount offer from them, just curious.
Yes, it's expensive, as most of their plugins are. I think i bought it on sale and had a coupon in my email too. I remember it being 200 something.

I think it's a great tool! I use it especially on DI'd stuff in the re-mic mode; haven't used the straight reverb mode much. It really softens the edginess of some of that and makes things sound more "live". It's pretty choice on drums too.

Yes, it's expensive, as most of their plugins are. I think i bought it on sale and had a coupon in my email too. I remember it being 200 something.

I think it's a great tool! I use it especially on DI'd stuff in the re-mic mode; haven't used the straight reverb mode much. It really softens the edginess of some of that and makes things sound more "live". It's pretty choice on drums too.
On sale today for $200. Still expensive but it's a pretty cool plugin if you have their hardware or use an apollo as your interface.

I realized i never posted a link to my bands record which came out last august. Shame on my lack of shameless self promotion.

I was pretty happy with the the whole thing, but the electric guitar sounds also. All electrics were recorded DI through either the AXII or the AX8.

Interestingly, even though the fractal products sound fantastic, I've found that I really really love the ocean way plugin from UA. It has a really nice way of making the DI'd guitars sound less DI'd.

Anyway, here's one from the album. P90 tele for the main riff through a AC30 model. rhythm was a hollowbody with a filtertron, similar amp model.

Good...great job....great sound...i like it...original songs...

Suppose it's very good, but the pricing is way over the top for a SW plugin that neatly provides you one single function; for me at least I mean...still interested to hear that DI track w/wo. Did you try the FAS mic preamp option available in the CAB blocks ? It really's worth testing.

Man I have to agree about Ocean Way. To me it is a game changer in recordings. Great song and great production!

Back
Top Bottom