[Solved] Very Little Gain

I have an axe fx2 mk2 and an ax8 that I recently purchased and the patches on the axe 2 are lifeless and dead in comparison to the axe8. I'm modeling an ac20 and have the gain and master volume dimed and it sounds like a DI guitar with fx on it, but when I use the axe8 I've got the gain around 3 and it sounds great. I've tried reinstalling the firmware on the axe 2 and resetting the amp block. Is it a bug or is it possible that one of the processors is starting to go bad?

I have an axe fx2 mk2 and an ax8 that I recently purchased and the patches on the axe 2 are lifeless and dead in comparison to the axe8. I'm modeling an ac20 and have the gain and master volume dimed and it sounds like a DI guitar with fx on it, but when I use the axe8 I've got the gain around 3 and it sounds great. I've tried reinstalling the firmware on the axe 2 and resetting the amp block. Is it a bug or is it possible that one of the processors is starting to go bad?
a processor wouldn't cause low gain.

if you're using the Front input on the Axe-Fx, press I/O on the front panel and change Input 1 to REAR, then try Rear Input 1 Left - is it the same?

this sounds like either a bad guitar cable, or the front input jack has become loose.

try the Rear as i suggested and report back.

a processor wouldn't cause low gain.

if you're using the Front input on the Axe-Fx, press I/O on the front panel and change Input 1 to REAR, then try Rear Input 1 Left - is it the same?

this sounds like either a bad guitar cable, or the front input jack has become loose.

try the Rear as i suggested and report back.

There's no change.

There's no change.

maybe your global settings are changed. assuming you haven't made too many changes in the System Settings, press Utility on the front panel, the page to Reset System Parameters, and press Enter when that is selected.

are you using the same cable and guitar when you use the AX8?

Back
Top Bottom