[SOLVED] USB driver issue

sandmannn69

Experienced
Got my new Axefx3 yesterday and tried installing the FAS USB driver on my Windows 7/64 computer. Driver installation fails with message "The digital signature of driver file 'fasusbaudio-axe-fxIII.sys' is not accepted by this operating system".

I can get it to install and work if I boot into the Advanced Startup Options by hitting F8 and disabling the driver signature check, but it will stop working and won't install again after a reboot.

In the meantime, I'm hibernating the computer instead of shutting down, so it doesn't lose my "driver signature check" option. Also, I tried using BCDedit to permanently disable the driver signature check, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. And I'm running everything as "administrator".

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

When was the last time you updated your OS? I'm using Win 7/64 here and don't have that problem.

Tried installing the driver on my notebook which is running Windows 7/64 Professional with same results, only works if driver signature check is disabled at boot-up.

Got my new Axefx3 yesterday and tried installing the FAS USB driver on my Windows 7/64 computer. Driver installation fails with message "The digital signature of driver file 'fasusbaudio-axe-fxIII.sys' is not accepted by this operating system".

I can get it to install and work if I boot into the Advanced Startup Options by hitting F8 and disabling the driver signature check, but it will stop working and won't install again after a reboot.

In the meantime, I'm hibernating the computer instead of shutting down, so it doesn't lose my "driver signature check" option. Also, I tried using BCDedit to permanently disable the driver signature check, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. And I'm running everything as "administrator".

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

You have your user account security set too high in control panel. Change to always notify and that should solve your problem. The higher setting will kick a lot of stuff out and not give you a choice. Keep in mind with this setting everything that goes on your computer you chose whether it goes there or not. Some virus protections may also kick the driver out. You have to go in the virus protection safe program section and add acceptable software you want to load if it kicks it out. If virus protection is the problem, it will generally tell you in a section of the program or log what has failed or what virus has been detected.

Attachments

• user account.png
    user account.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
You have your user account security set too high in control panel. Change to always notify and that should solve your problem. The higher setting will kick a lot of stuff out and not give you a choice. Keep in mind with this setting everything that goes on your computer you chose whether it goes there or not. Some virus protections may also kick the driver out. You have to go in the virus protection safe program section and add acceptable software you want to load if it kicks it out. If virus protection is the problem, it will generally tell you in a section of the program or log what has failed or what virus has been detected.

Actually, Cliff was right. After I installed all the updates on my notebook (running Windows 7/64 Pro), the driver installed fine. So I installed a new version of Windows 7/64 Pro on the desktop and now everything's peachy. And the Axefx3 is ready for its first FW upgrade.....

Actually, Cliff was right. After I installed all the updates on my notebook (running Windows 7/64 Pro), the driver installed fine. So I installed a new version of Windows 7/64 Pro on the desktop and now everything's peachy. And the Axefx3 is ready for its first FW upgrade.....

But the reason it did not load on your old system was how you had your security set up. By default, Windows 10 lets you make the choice.

Back
Top Bottom