[Solved] Unable to hear USB audio from computer

Scented Meat

Power User
I recognize the high likelihood I'm doing something stupid. I have headphones connected to output 2 jacks and can hear my grid (guitar) output just fine. I checked USB audio playback levels and they are at default (i.e., not turned all the way down). I'm connected to FM3-Edit so I know my USB connection is working. If I play a backing track from iTunes and I set the laptop output to FM3 USB I hear only my guitar. Based on my reading of the manual I set USB 3,4 Playback Destination to Output 2. Output 2 Copy is set to Output 1.

I promise this will be my last question tonight. Maybe.

USB playback is hardwired to Out 1. the Copy function does not copy USB audio to Out 2, just anything within the FM3 itself.

at this time i don't think there's a way to have USB playback go to Out 2 and have Out 2 Copy on or use an Out 2 block for the FM3 signal. you can do either of those (USB to Out 2 or FM3 preset to Out 2), but not both at the same time.

So to hear both my guitar and my USB audio laptop output I would need to have my headphones connected to Output 1, correct? I guess page 24 of the manual confused me on this point.

So to hear both my guitar and my USB audio laptop output I would need to have my headphones connected to Output 1, correct? I guess page 24 of the manual confused me on this point.
if you're referring to the Play back sections for Computer Outputs 3+4, i just tried that on my mac. in Audio setup, i can have the USB playback to Out 2, but if i turn on Copy or put an Out 2 block in the preset, the USB audio is stopped.

Out 1 is the best way to have both FM3 audio and USB audio mixed together at this time.

I had a similar issue and the problem was I was connecting via USB through a USB hub. When I connected directly to the computer's USB interface I was finally able to hear computer audio playback into the headphone jack.

Back
Top Bottom