[Solved] Trouble updating Axe 3

GaryB

Inspired
Hey all,

I've had my Axe 3 since mid-late July, and I've updated firmware from 1.12 through 1.16 via USB with no troubles at all. I tried to update to 1.17 last night and got a connection error from Fractal-Bot (pic attached). I tried two additional times last night with no luck, but I didn't have time to chase it at that point. This morning I saw 1.18 was out, so I tried it and still no luck. Fractal-bot sees the Axe and the MIDI (via USB) connections and the transfer starts, but it hangs and gives me that error anywhere from say 4%-11% transfer progress. I've tried different PC's (WIn10x64 Pro), different USB ports on each PC, and different USB cables. The only thing that changes is the progress before it errors out. I then tried to update via MIDI cables and I got to 20.8% transfer progress, but then the same error. I'm using all the most recent versions of everything (Fractal-Bot 2.11.0, USB Driver 4.47, USB Firmware 1.06). I had been using Axe Edit III 0.9.7 without any problems. I updated Axe Edit to 1.0.0 last night, but didn't actually run it. I just updated it and then went to Fractal-Bot to update the Axe.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Fractal-Bot Error.JPG
    Fractal-Bot Error.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 9
1.16 beta 1 had an issue with this.

from FractalAudio:

For those having difficulty rolling back you can use the emergency recovery mode:
1. Turn power off.
2. Press and hold Page < and Page >
3. Turn power on and continue to hold for a couple seconds.
4. Unit will boot into emergency image.
5. Update as usual.

Thanks Chris! Since the Axe would boot up fine after the transfer error, I didn't think about using the recovery mode. Worked like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom