Solved: That's a bit...

Not dense, some of us here actually like to help people out, without all the flaming... I was trying to help him find a way to discover for himself a way to make it work...

DITM

Not dense, some of us here actually like to help people out, without all the flaming... I was trying to help him find a way to discover for himself a way to make it work...

DITM

I find it dense that this person is clearly unwilling to do what is need to make the "problem" go away, but comes to the forums to complain about it. It isn't a "problem" except for the guy trying to do something the system is not designed to do.

I like to help people, too. Not if they won't help themselves, though.

You call it rude of me to point out that the problem is within the OP, and I find it dense of you to try to help someone who knows the answer but refuses to help himself. He knows 100% the way to make it work, but plainly won't do it. Period.

And you take a stab at me because I'm "new" even though my post wasn't directed at you in the least. Thanks for that.

Let's just hope you don't need help from all of us "dense people"... being that you seem to know everything about it... good luck with that...

People are very helpful here on the forum. I think some of them were just taken back a bit that you hadn't even asked for help, etc. and already talking about sending the unit back. No big deal man. You'll get this figured out and will be happy with the unit. Fractal has great customer support.

Yeah, we were all kidding. I'm pretty anal about always having the last versions of everything...not always a good idea though!

Let's just hope you don't need help from all of us "dense people"... being that you seem to know everything about it... good luck with that...

LOL Dude...really??? I know what version of Mac OS I need to run the USB interface. That's about it. That's what we're talking about right?????

Or are you so dense that you think because I know about ONE aspect, I'm equally fluent with everything about this wonderful piece of hardware? Interesting how you are starting to prove my point...

I've actually sought the help of others here and have been impressed with the community and stated as such. One less now. Thanks.

Not that I want to disagree but if everything was running perfectly on his system (e.g. The Axe FX2) we would not be discussing this :)

Might be time for an upgrade as you suggested!

Amazing that you flame the guy for asking a question, call a guy dense because he tries to help him find a way to make it work, but YOUR calling people names and derogatory statements are perfectly ok... Seems to me, that I actually took the time to TRY and help without calling him names...

It would also help to dial back the AH attitude, especially when most of the people here know more about this amazing black box, and most likely other things, than you...

Yeah, that was what my post was referring to, that the Minimum for the USB drive is 10.7.4.

I'm running 10.8.2 without any problems. Maybe try installing 10.8 on a new partition, with the newest driver, and see if your problems go away....?

Best most constructive suggestion ^

I hate to upgrade system's if everything works, it's a pain in the ass when I find a bunch of other programs, drivers, etc that need replacing.
Although I understand what you are saying, there is always going to come a time when you have to upgrade. Any time you introduce new software or hardware to your computer and of course the computer itself.

Amazing that you flame the guy for asking a question, call a guy dense because he tries to help him find a way to make it work, but YOU'RE calling people names and derogatory statements are perfectly ok... Seems to me, that I actually took the time to TRY and help without calling him names...

It would also help to dial back the AH attitude, especially when most of the people here know more about this amazing black box, and most likely other things, than you...

LOL call me rude and I call you dense, but it's all good. All the same BS. High School games right?? Especially since none of the comments I made were addressed to you, but you decided to take the righteous path and "help" the guy who won't help himself AND call me out because my opinion differs than yours.

Are you really trying to cyber bully me by saying if I don't "dial back the AH attitude" you'll get all your buddies here to black list me??? Seriously??? "No information for this guy, since he's a buttwad!!"

You need a reality check Bubba...you really do...

Btw fixed your grammatical error up there in the quotation. At least if you're going to bully me, do it in correct English...

I used to love upgrading my own and friends' Macs, getting them loaded with apps and tweaking stuff until all was running sweetly. Then other people heard I loved it and started bringing their Macs to me to get worked on and gave me money .... so it became 'work' and now I hate feckin doing it! :)

LOL... it's called typing too fast... but then, I'm sure you already knew that, too..

Blacklist ? Cyber-bully ? LMAO ! All I've ever done on here is try to help people on here, when they need help...(even when they've been rude and making condescending comments to others)... the same way that others helped me when I first started using the magic black box...

LOL... I'll try to slow down my typing, so I can use both proper English, and that you can understand it... ( JOKE )

And yes, most people are less helpful to others when they have bad attitudes...

I used to love upgrading my own and friends' Macs, getting them loaded with apps and tweaking stuff until all was running sweetly. Then other people heard I loved it and started bringing their Macs to me to get worked on and gave me money .... so it became 'work' and now I hate feckin doing it! :)

LOL ! Same thing here... I've been using Macs since I had a Mac Plus... built and installed Macs in studio situations, and use them daily... still love it...

Do not fear! That was a pretty vague post on my part, I should have given more detail. Unless you're gonna be using a ton of third party plugins in pretty huge sessions I think you'll be absolutely fine. Things can get a bit off under 10.8 with my larger projects.

My only issue with Logic under regular use, on any OS version, is the same issue I have with a lot of Apple software. It doesn't release ram when you stop using something. Like, if I had a plugin heavy project open, closed said project and opened another, Logic would still hog all the ram from the prior project also. It'll only let it go when you quit the program. Much less of an issue now it's 64bit but still a pain in the ass on occasion.

You probably know this, but you can use the purge command in a terminal window to force your Mac to release the RAM it's reserving for the previous project.
Just open a terminal window, type "purge" (minus quotes) and press enter.

I understand the premise of what OSX tries to do - it holds the previous project in RAM in case you want to reopen it; makes opening times quicker. Just wish the bloody thing would drop RAM more gracefully when it needs it for another running process...

/nerd.

LOL... it's called typing too fast... but then, I'm sure you already knew that, too..

Blacklist ? Cyber-bully ? LMAO ! All I've ever done on here is try to help people on here, when they need help...(even when they've been rude and making condescending comments to others)... the same way that others helped me when I first started using the magic black box...

LOL... I'll try to slow down my typing, so I can use both proper English, and that you can understand it... ( JOKE )

And yes, most people are less helpful to others when they have bad attitudes...

I love guys like you on the internet. Especially on forums. I've moderated a good many, btw.

You get high and mighty until someone calls you out on it and then everything's a joke. Have you even read your responses to me in this thread?

Is there an ignore function on these forums? I can't seem to find it...

I love guys like you on the internet. Especially on forums. I've moderated a good many, btw.

You get high and mighty until someone calls you out on it and then everything's a joke. Have you even read your responses to me in this thread?

Is there an ignore function on these forums? I can't seem to find it...

Have you read yours?

Have you read yours?

Yep. Your point?

I'm not professing to be some all helpful guru with a heart of gold on these forums, my good man.

Where IS that ignore function anyway? I'm sure there are plenty here who would love to put me on it, no?

wow, some hostility from a few of you out there for my first post! Matt from Tech Support did let me know the 10.7.4 requirement, I thought I had seen 10.6.4 as a minimum somewhere. I've been buying Mac's since they were little brown boxes. I have 3 now. I hate to upgrade system's if everything works, it's a pain in the ass when I find a bunch of other programs, drivers, etc that need replacing. When I spend $2200 on this thing it pisses me off when it doesn't work, that's all. I wanted simplicity, would rather use USB than another audio box and cables.

I know they say there is a 10.7.4 minimum requirement, but I'm using an iMac on 10.6.8 and the Axe FXII, current Axe Edit, and Fractal Bot, all are working perfectly.
No problems with the USB and the Axe or any of my other software so far. For now, I have no intention on upgrading my iMac and screwing up a bunch of my other programs that are all working perfectly on 10.6.8. I know I'm not alone in this regard.

Back
Top Bottom