SOLVED: Tap tempo alternately mutes Axe FX

HansH

Lately (for the last 3 months or so) I have a problem with my tap tempo button, which mutes/unmutes my axe fx with each alternating tap. At first I tought it had to do with engaging my tuner, but the tuner doesn't come on when tapping. I also checked for underlying CC's that may trigger the mute state, but at first glance I couldn't find anything. I didn't change anything on the settings of my MFC nor my AxeFX for the last 2 years now. The only thing different is that I now use midi commands coming from Ableton to switch presets, scenes and stomps. The problem also occurs when no midi connections are present.

At first I thought I had a major issue with my AxeFX muting itself for apparently no reason, so I'm glad it's just the tap button, but it's still very annoying :-(

This issue has come up a couple times recently, although on newer hardware.

In each case, it was a CC assigned to tap tempo and something else.

I'd suggest carefully searching your assigned CCs and look for duplicates.

Thanks for your reply, @unix-guy! I got it fixed and it was indeed a CC that was incorrectly assigned :)
I used MIDI monitor on my PC and found that cc14 was used when using Tap tempo (this is default and was described in the manual). So I checked if other items were listening to it and it appeared that input volume was! Probably I accidently twisted the edit knob on that page once, since it's the first item (which is also automatically selected) when entering that page in the menu.

Back
Top Bottom