"[Solved]" tag please on threads??

yyz67

Fractal Fanatic
I've noticed a plethora of "This just broke" or "The latest FW messed up..." or "I have a problem..." or "I can't ..." or "Can I...?" So I go into the thread thinking there may be an actual issue, but more often than not the (real or imagined) issue is fixed easily (e.g. user error, incorrect setup, or incorrect interpretation or assumptions.) Sometimes there is an actual bug.

For example:
"Volume drop after Amp load" was not a bug but a user using an extreme setting. Cliff answered it and the user is satisfied.​
"Lost a Cab...???" was solved with a refresh after FW update and the user is satisfied.​
"What is the Axe-Fx III's equivalent to the Axe-Fx II XL+'s front panel Bypass Switch?" was answered with a clear no and some possible workarounds.​

I know it's extra overhead (for the OP and/or the moderators), but I'd really appreciate if "problem" and question threads could be tagged with something like [Solved] or [User error] or [Answered] or [Bug reported]. Then we can also see that the majority have been analyzed or fixed or submitted and also potentially look for a solution if we have a similar issue.

Just a thought - I don't know if this could be made part of forum guidelines or suggested best practices.

Last edited:
That's a good idea. I could open up tagging threads to anybody and then the community can moderate so it's not a thing the mod team has to handle.

Actually, there's something else in the works that'll be even better. Hold tight. Changes coming in a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom