[solved] Set delay times change when I change presets

Muad'zin

Fractal Fanatic
Lately I've been getting a problem that when I change presets with the MFC the delay times, which I programmed as set to preset tempo, not global tempo, are suddenly completely out of whack. All over the place. On some of our songs I have to be the one who starts and its come to the point that I can no longer trust that when I hit a certain preset it will have the correct delay setting and I have to hit tap tempo first. It didn't used to be this way but it seems to be happening more and more.

Oddly enough when I open the preset in Axe Edit it still shows the correct bpm in the preset tempo setting.

Anyone know what the source of this problem might be? Or know where to point me in the right direction.

I have the latest versions of the Axe FX and MFC.

you might need to provide a bit more info

when you change to a preset, does the tempo light on the front of the axe flash at the preset tempo? (and can you see the correct tempo when you hit the button?)
when you edit the delay block and look at the ms time, does it correspond to the correct subdivision (that you have set) according to the tempo that has been selected by the axe when you changed preset?
it works for me ok...i don't get any weirdness...

The presets with the programmed delay times all work with subdivisions. Usually dotted 8 and 1/4 set in dual delay. When I change presets via Axe-Edit, the preset tempo stays as programmed. When I change it with the MFC it can be anything, although 34bpm seems to crop up a lot for some weird reason. The tempo light on the axe flashes in the new (but wrong) tempo, same as on the MFC, and in Axe Edit the bpm is also wrong.

What's driving me crazy is that the Axe didn't exhibit this behavior before. It used to give me no problems.

try this. when you change presets on the mfc, press the preset button down, hold it there for a sec and then release it. see what tempo you get. then try again, but hit and release it as quick as you can. see what tempo you get this time. this definitely sounds like a problem with the mfc. it might be worth downloading a midi monitor app for your computer, so you can see what the mfc is pumping out when you hit the preset buttons

I've tried it a few times and at first it seemed like holding down the button for a second worked for some of the presets, but overall it was still hit and miss. Some presets seem to work better then others.

I wonder if it could have something to do with the tempo button on the MFC? Standard its set to button 16 but I switched it to button 17.

Maybe use something like MidiOx to monitor what messages are getting sent when you switch presets. Maybe there's something weird going on with the internal CC's sending a tap tempo message or something. I think you have to turn on USB adapter mode to see the incoming MIDI traffic.

I finally got around to trying to fix this problem. Would have done it sooner if I hadn't had an accident last monday with my bike, falling on the ground and bruising my left thumb. It was only around friday that I could finally play some guitar again, and start dealing with this problem.

I've briefly tried using MidiOx. At first I didn't get any messages coming in, so I tried a different MIDI device setting, then I got a shitload of messages coming, too many and too fast to keep track, causing the MFC to cycle between scenes 1 to 3. Not sure what to make of it, I decided to factory reset the MFC instead back to default, then set it up again as previously. Only difference now is that I did not change tap tempo from button 16 to 17. So far everything seems to work again, set preset tempos staying the same. (knocks on wood)

Back
Top Bottom