[Solved] OMG9 Effects mode?

kozyko

Bass player here, new to the Fractal world. Just got an FM3 and FC6. Blown away by the sheer amount of options and "tweakablitiy." My question is regarding the available effects that come up in the Effect mode on the FC6 in the OMG9 layout:

Is there a way the FC6 in the OMG9 layout can recognize the effects that are active in the preset rather than have to manually add/move/change them in the FM3 Edit FC Controllers area?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

The footswitches on an FC are programmed switch by switch. There's no mechanism to automatically turn them into bypass switches for different effects.

It's probably just as well. It would suck if my carefully-programmed footswitches got stomped on by having the system drop new footswitches on top of them in whatever order it chooses. And what if you have eight blocks, but you want your Reverb bypass to be there on the first page, even though it's last in the chain, and you've only got six footswitches??

Bass player here, new to the Fractal world. Just got an FM3 and FC6. Blown away by the sheer amount of options and "tweakablitiy." My question is regarding the available effects that come up in the Effect mode on the FC6 in the OMG9 layout:

Is there a way the FC6 in the OMG9 layout can recognize the effects that are active in the preset rather than have to manually add/move/change them in the FM3 Edit FC Controllers area?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Wondering about this myself on the OMG9, Preset mode and Scenes mode makes sense but I'm not following how to individually assign Effects footswitches per preset in Effects mode. When I adjust and save them it applies the changes to all the presets globally (IE FC footswitch #5 on Page 1 is now permanently a Ring Mod Effect across all 380+ Presets)

I won't disagree but the option would be nice. Surely the addition to have it and find a way to list them alphabetically or a proprietary programmable option that we choose would be great.
I'm just thinking about it from the perspective that the most common effects I use will be there in the order I programmed them on a preset i.e. distortion, comp, chorus, flange, pitch but it would be excellent to have a completely different preset for some of the more "out" presets I'd like to create i.e. synth, filter, comp, pitch, etc.
That way I could have the FC6 show my "vanilla" preset and all of the effects that are in that preset and when I change to one that is more "out" those effects will show instead. First world musician problems I guess...lol.

Hmm.... What if there was a right click option somewhere in AxeEdit , say on the effect block name in the lower panel, or in the immense context menu, wherein it CREATED a bypass PPO switch for the block IN THE FIRST AVAILABLE SPOT AND COPIED IT to the clipboard, and automatically jumped to the layout editor, where you could choose which layout you wanted and just paste it into the layout?

Edit: update per the post a few down-thread in bold.

Last edited:
Hmm.... What if there was a right click option somewhere in AxeEdit , say on the effect block name in the lower panel, or in the immense context menu, wherein it copied a bypass switch for the block to the clipboard, and automatically jumped to the layout editor, where you could choose which layout you wanted and just paste it into the layout?
Wouldn't it have to be pasting into a Per-Preset layout? Otherwise it would reassign to that layout across all presets.

Watching this video made by @chris (at the 16:00 mark) it sounds like they need to be dialed in "Per Preset" otherwise they are assigned globally/across the board

Wouldn't it have to be pasting into a Per-Preset layout? Otherwise it would reassign to that layout across all presets.
Good catch. :)

So it creates a PPO in the first empty slot, and allows you to paste that newly-created PPO onto the layout you choose.

47dim0.jpg

Last edited:
I won't disagree but the option would be nice. Surely the addition to have it and find a way to list them alphabetically or a proprietary programmable option that we choose would be great.
I'm just thinking about it from the perspective that the most common effects I use will be there in the order I programmed them on a preset i.e. distortion, comp, chorus, flange, pitch but it would be excellent to have a completely different preset for some of the more "out" presets I'd like to create i.e. synth, filter, comp, pitch, etc.
That way I could have the FC6 show my "vanilla" preset and all of the effects that are in that preset and when I change to one that is more "out" those effects will show instead. First world musician problems I guess...lol.

The best way to do this is to use Per Preset overrides. Read up a little on this and you will see that this is VERY easy to program and allows you to have your vanilla set up as well as outlandish setups when you need them.
Personally I have always the effects I want on the first page and use the second page as Per preset.

The best way to do this is to use Per Preset overrides. Read up a little on this and you will see that this is VERY easy to program and allows you to have your vanilla set up as well as outlandish setups when you need them.
Personally I have always the effects I want on the first page and use the second page as Per preset.

Thanks! Where is the info on Per Preset Overrides? I'd like to have a custom effects layout that matches each preset I put together

This definitely seems like the way to go for me. Where can I find the per preset overrides? I can't seem to find anything in any of the manuals...unless I'm overlooking something...

Thanks! Where is the info on Per Preset Overrides? I'd like to have a custom effects layout that matches each preset I put together
They're pretty easy to set up. Click the [ Per-Preset FC ] button to set one up, then click the [ FC Controllers ] button to place it on a layout.

Choose a likely spot for it, then look for the big green PER-PRESET OVERRIDE over to the right of where you'd set up a regular layout switch.... :)

Took me a while to track it down, but the particular manual to look at is this one:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo.../Fractal-Audio-Footswitch-Functions-Guide.pdf

Page 16. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom