[solved] Not seeing Master Layout Menu and settings

liveversion

Hello All.

I just received my FM3 and so far very impressed with the unit. I'm a long time FX8 user and can see this FM3 being my now go to for fly gigs.

Apologies if this has been covered previously, but I'm somewhat lost with the footswitches and hoping some of the more experienced users can help this noob question. The manual states that "When the FM3 starts up, it loads the PRESETS footswitch layout" but when I first turned my unit on, they were all just blank. I also tried pressing hold on switch 2 to access MLM but nothing happened. Further, my layout 9/MLM also only shows 'Layout 1 - 8' with tap settings just to select each layout and hold setting unassigned - while the manual default layout settings is for instance, Presets for layout 1 tap. Is this normal? Or am I just missing something or not getting the concept?

Thank you in advance!

my footswitches are not responding and I,m in middle of rehearsal

my bandmates hate me.

I'm trying resteing the default layouts but every switch is on blank

what can I do?

It's possible to be stuck in an empty view, but I'm not sure if the default layouts have anything of that nature. I'm assuming you can't switch to the master layout view at all?

I managed to replicate the above. To get out of this, go to the Home Screen. Spin the D knob (FC View) or E knob (FC Layout).

Does Setup->FootControllers->Layouts show any Layout Names?

it shows nothing... I could finally charge them but my footswitches are un responsive. I'm super worried!!! Tried loading firmaware again (fortuntelly I have my laptop with me) but nothing seems to work.

Tempo light blinks randomly, stop blinking and starts again with no pattern...

If I turn the unit off I can press the footswitches two or three times and they function but after that they dont work again.

I can navigate the unit with the buttons and arrows but footswitches are crazy

is it possible that something disconected on the footswtches area?

I just got home after the worst rehearsal of my life...

Connected the unit a few minutes ago and everything is working as expected.

Only change is that I use another power cable in rehearsal room (aren’t these generic?) could it be that?

When the problem presented I went to setup>footcontrollers>EZ on the “press any button” it showed nothing

Weird as hell. I’ll keep the unit on a few more time and check on it later

I think I found this same scenario. After switching around using the FC layout (default) for scenes, holding the center button to return to MLM stops working. I have not identified why yet. Firmware 1.06

Back
Top Bottom