(Solved) noise artifacts changing scenes

Hey all,

I've been sitting here this afternoon trying to create a patch. Started off again trying to get an Andy Timmons thing again and veered off in another direction.

Got the TX Star amp and 2x12 CAB going with some tape delays and a little reverb. plus some added Drive

I have the amp pretty clean and sound good with volume rolled back and dirties up nicely when cranked.
Set an over drive lead in the Y state for the Amp and made it a Scene. Set scene 2 as the X state and Scene 3 Clean

When I am on Scene 1 and playing away then switch two Scene 2 there's a glitchy noise that occurs. It's not quiet either. Almost like the delay is freaking out for a second.

Anyone come across this before? I attached my patch if anyone want to have a listen. I'm no master at sound but figure this is decent for an amateur like me.

Attachments

• Going Drivin'.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
between scene 1 and 2 you're changing the Amp from Y to X, the first delay (which is delay 2) from Y to X, and switching off the drive pedal. there's a brief dropout in the amp block due to the x/y change, and the first delay changing from 500 ms digital to 375 ms "lo fi tape" causes the repeats to change character.

Hmmmm... I'll take a look didn't realize I had set X/Y on the delays. They were supposed to stay the same.

I meant the X/Y for the amp change though. I like that feature of being able to change amps like that.

This is why I use the copy and paste function to copy Scene 1 and paste it "to all scenes" so that way I know every scene is a replica of Scene 1 and then adjust from there. This way I know that all blocks will be the same state as Scene 1 to start off with.

between scene 1 and 2 you're changing the Amp from Y to X, the first delay (which is delay 2) from Y to X, and switching off the drive pedal. there's a brief dropout in the amp block due to the x/y change, and the first delay changing from 500 ms digital to 375 ms "lo fi tape" causes the repeats to change character.

Thanks so much. I didn't even notice that X/Y for the delays in the scenes wonder how I managed that. I changed it back to the same for both scenes X and X and now switching is awesome. No glitch artifact noises.

Really appreciate the help!

FWIW, I have this problem when I switch between presets where the preset I'm switching from has delay and/or reverb with spillover on. It can be VERY unpleasant, loud and disruptive, especially when playing in a church setting, which necessitates that I have no (ZERO) lingering sounds (ringing, delay trails, etc.) before I switch presets otherwise it's a loud mess.

And yes, I understand using an X/Y variation of an effect like delay to help this from happening, there are cases where I need a different type of delay or reverb (analog tape to Multi-Digital) which causes the sonic chaos.

In fact, this issue is by far the biggest problem I have with using the AX8.

Had a similar issue with not realizing my Reverb block had some X/Y switching I didn't know about. I was trying to get the Reverb to trail over on the scene change and I could not get it to work. Drove me crazy. Finally realized the the block had change between X/Y that I didn't realize was there. The devil is in the details.

Back
Top Bottom