[solved] Need help setting tap tempo to Tremolo please

Keith White

Experienced
I am trying to set up my tremolo/ pan to footswitch #5 on mfc pedal. actually trying to setup the #5 as my master tap tempo. I have the mfc set IA 5 to tempo so that should have done it but now I am in the tempo block and I have it set to 1/4 tempo but the light on the mfc is not blinking to tempo. Its been a long time since ive done this so i have forgotten. Please help\

to be clear the tempo light which is button 5 on the mfc is not blinking at all cant see the tempo i need it to blink

Ive narrowed it. I moved the tempo to switch#16 and the tempo light is blinking like it should but i need it on pedal 5, but when i go into midi and change ia 5 to tap it doesnt blink

all my switches are set the same the tempo works on footswitch 16 but i need it to work on 5 i have checked all possible paramaters within the midi section of ia 5 and ia 16 and they are identical with the exception of cc# which doesnt matter in this instance, in fact none of the bottom row of switches (1-5) will allow the tempo light to blink if i assign it to them, yeah weird, none of the bottom row allows that it has to be some setting. I have 1-4 set to scenes 1-4

Ah. I missed that you were using an MFC-101. I'll step back to let someone who owns one chime in.

ha I answered my own question!! the reason it wouldnt do it is because bank size was set at 5. I changed that to 4 which opened up switch 5 for tempo
Not sure why its like that but i would sure like to know if anyone knows the answer

ha I answered my own question!! the reason it wouldnt do it is because bank size was set at 5. I changed that to 4 which opened up switch 5 for tempo
Not sure why its like that but i would sure like to know if anyone knows the answer
I think a Bank Size of 5 automatically reserves five switches for bank selection.

Anyway, you got it sorted. Nice.

Because when the Bank size is set to 5 the first five switches are no longer IA switches and the Tempo function only works on a IA switch.

Back
Top Bottom