• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

[solved] macOS Catalina problem

bradlake

Axe-Master
..I think this may have occurred for me , but the usual workaround will likely work as it did for me...download the Axe-Edit directly from the website (dont use Axeedit) , then select the download file and click/control on it, another pop up window with Open as an option should appear, hit allow and you should be good...let us know if it worked for you

Last edited:

Ben Randolph

Forum Addict
Thanks. I had to go into System Preferences ->. Security and Privacy. There, I got a message that AxeEdit III had been blocked. I clicked Open Anyway. I got another dialogue of the same type I posted above. Then, AxeEdit III opened.

A slight inconvenience, but it's nice to know the OS protects us from rogue software.

bradlake

Axe-Master
Thanks. I had to go into System Preferences ->. Security and Privacy. There, I got a message that AxeEdit III had been blocked. I clicked Open Anyway. I got another dialogue of the same type I posted above. Then, AxeEdit III opened.

A slight inconvenience, but it's nice to know the OS protects us from rogue software.
i guess I did not do that , because I installed mine on a clean Catalina install and I used my technique above....your discovery is great to know and perhaps should be stickied..?
@iaresee

Tom Morris

Forum Addict
Just to be clear in security preference panel you have to click the lock and sign in with your password in order to use apps that don't come from the Apple app store.

Top Bottom