[SOLVED] Looper loop gets lost after preset switch

muaddib

Inspired
Hi,

With 2.02 (not tested before) - Requires Chris AFT Space Verb AX8 preset - only edit: looper set on FS8.

if I record a loop and switch to another presets with a Looper block, the loop will stop playing and recorded loop will be lost.

Additional info:
  1. The same issue occurs when switching from a preset with looper to AFT Space Verb AX8.
  2. Switching to the Space Verb with a loop on-going will emit a faint noise artifact and loop will stop.
  3. Switching to a duplicate Space Verb bank - the issue does not seems to appear.
  4. Occurs with freshly 2.02 imported preset
EDIT: Solved thx to Chis: AFT Space Verb Looper type was different (Stereo) that 'stock' looper (Stereo Undo)

Last edited:
The settings of the Looper blocks need to be the exact same in every preset. I probably set Mono mode, the others are probably Stereo Undo. Please check.

Can I step in here? When I step on Sw 8 for looper, it says it's in bypass and hitting Record doesn't work - at least there's no playback. Why does it stay in bypass mode and how do I fix this? Thanks. I'm struggling with the learning curve, day 3 ...

Can I step in here? When I step on Sw 8 for looper, it says it's in bypass and hitting Record doesn't work - at least there's no playback. Why does it stay in bypass mode and how do I fix this? Thanks. I'm struggling with the learning curve, day 3 ...
You must go to the Layout screen and enable the block. Nav to the looper block in the layout and then press Shift (tap it, don't hold it) and FX Bypass on the top panel. Store the preset so it stays engaged next time you come back to the Preset. There's usually no reason to bypass a Looper block.

I did that and the dotted outline of the looper block doesn't become solid. Nothing changes. I'm clearly missing something.... ??

I tried Shift - Fx Bypass for other blocks (Rev, Chr) just to see if it works, and it does. Just not for the LPR.

Last edited:
I did that and the dotted outline of the looper block doesn't become solid. Nothing changes. I'm clearly missing something.... ??
Hard to say from only the text we've exchanged so far. Could you shoot a phone video or some pictures?

Crashed my system trying to get the video out to you, Chris. But it only shows exactly what I put into words. In the layout screen, LPR is surrounded by a dotted line. When I try to un-bypass it by hitting shift and edit, nothing happens. Still the dotted line. When I do the same for other blocks such as dly and chr, it works fine, ie, bypasses or un-bypasses. I rebooted the AX8 to see if that would help, and it didn't. I'm inching closer to my exasperation limit.

Crashed my system trying to get the video out to you,
I'm inching closer to my exasperation limit.
sorry about the crash. that's strange.

i can confirm that the LPR block cannot be engaged/bypassed from the Layout screen on the hardware. that seems to be a bug that i haven't seen before. i've reported it.

it can be engaged and bypassed from AX8-Edit though. can you use AX8-Edit?

Last edited:
Finally after about 5-6 hours with this box, I'm beginning to have a very good time with some killer tones here. Before this point, I was wondering what I'd gotten myself in to :rolleyes:o_O One must endure the sometimes rocky path early on the learning curve and have patience to actually read the manual :oops: Logic and history (having set up other modelers, etc) don't always cut it ~~~~~ ;)

Finally after about 5-6 hours with this box, I'm beginning to have a very good time with some killer tones here. Before this point, I was wondering what I'd gotten myself in to :rolleyes:o_O One must endure the sometimes rocky path early on the learning curve and have patience to actually read the manual :oops: Logic and history (having set up other modelers, etc) don't always cut it ~~~~~ ;)
i have a Beginner's Guide video for sale, not sure if you've seen it. https://axefxtutorials.selz.com/item/ax8-bg

just a head's up. many people say they've benefitted from it.

I bought it about a month ago, but haven't had/taken the time to sit and watch. My plate has been too full, but I WILL now that I have some familiarity with what I need to know. Thanks again, Chris.
jon

Back
Top Bottom