[Solved] Just got Axe-FXIII today...but [bad headphone adaptor]

Xorgus

Every preset doesn't sound right....
Too much reverb in every preset. It's like the expression pedal is all the way up, all the time.

Is this a bug?...Does anyone have this kinda problem?
I don't really want to send it back...:(

Now I'm trying to connect AXE3 to my computer and reset AXE3 to the factory setting, but
I don't have the USB cable to connect it...
I just got AXE3 with 1 power cable, that's it.(Is this right?)
Do I have to buy USB cable from where? Amazon??

Please someone give me any clue to fix this problem without having connected to the computer?
Thank you~!

--------------------------------------------------

Problem's solved, HEADPHONE with an ADAPTER was a problem. Thank you guys~!

Last edited:
There are a few things you can do:

1) Make your own presets. Then they will sound exactly the way you want them to sound.

2) Dial back the reverb Mix in the presets where you want less reverb.

3) Turn down Reverb Mix in the global setup menu. This will reduce the reverb across all of the presets.

4) Spend some time with the manual. The things you're asking about are basic operational stuff. It's okay that you don't know this stuff yet, but you'll need to know it — just like when you buy a Ferrari and you need to know what those gauges with numbers on them are all about. ;)

There are a few things you can do:

1) Make your own presets. Then they will sound exactly the way you want them to sound.

2) Dial back the reverb Mix in the presets where you want less reverb.

3) Turn down Reverb Mix in the global setup menu. This will reduce the reverb across all of the presets.

4) Spend some time with the manual. The things you're asking about are basic operational stuff. It's okay that you don't know this stuff yet, but you'll need to know it — just like when you buy a Ferrari and you need to know what those gauges with numbers on them are all about. ;)

Thank you very much, I just needed to know this is not a major hardware problem.
You sound like it happens sometimes...I'm reassured. Thanks again.

Lol, I tried a couple of stock presets on the II and gave up on those many moons ago. Definitely, make your own presets because they are equipment dependent.

I create a basic preset and use it as a template for every amp. My suggestion is to start simple and build in as you go and need to. I have templates for my 6, 7, 8 string and bass guitars.

are you using headphones? is it plugged in all the way? are you using an adaptor? is the adaptor good? if you jiggle the cable near the connection on the Axe, does it change sound?

i personally don't think the presets have "too much reverb" as if the mix was 100% or something. maybe they have "a bit more than you like" - if so, please say that. exaggerating on help forums doesn't help us diagnose the issue.

if it's wayyyy too much, then it may be a headphone issue. if it's just a little more than you personally prefer, then you can easily edit that.

yes, the Axe doesn't come with a USB cable. you can generally use any USB cable you already own for a printer or other common device.

For me, the reverb on the factory presets is a mixed bag. Played by themselves, they mostly sound glorious. But with a band, I turn that glorious reverb down and get better results.

Last edited:
are you using headphones? is it plugged in all the way? are you using an adaptor? is the adaptor good? if you jiggle the cable near the connection on the Axe, does it change sound?

i personally don't think the presets have "too much reverb" as if the mix was 100% or something. maybe they have "a bit more than you like" - if so, please say that. exaggerating on help forums doesn't help us diagnose the issue.

if it's wayyyy too much, then it may be a headphone issue. if it's just a little more than you personally prefer, then you can easily edit that.

yes, the Axe doesn't come with a USB cable. you can generally use any USB cable you already own for a printer or other common device.

OMG, you're the one who I have been looking for.
How did you know that I am using a headphone and an adaptor?!:eek:

I changed my headphone to another one, and that TOO MUCH REVERB is just gone forever!!o_O
Thank you so much!! Now, I can enjoy AXE3 for the first time fractal. Thank you Thank you!!

I thank you for the answer for the USB cable, too! You're a God.;)

For me, the reverb on the factory presets is a mixed bag. Played by themselves, the mostly sound glorious. But with a band, I turn that glorious reverb down and get better results.

Thank you for your advice, too!!:rolleyes:

OMG, you're the one who I have been looking for.
How did you know that I am using a headphone and an adaptor?!:eek:

I changed my headphone to another one, and that TOO MUCH REVERB is just gone forever!!o_O
Thank you so much!! Now, I can enjoy AXE3 for the first time fractal. Thank you Thank you!!

I thank you for the answer for the USB cable, too! You're a God.;)
it's common. and i help a lot of people. glad it's working.

I just received my new AxeFXIII last night and had exactly the same problem. Through headphones the reverb mix was 100% wet but FRFR Output1 was perfect. I was FREAKIN' OUT. Thank goodness I found this thread. It was the headphone adapter. It worked perfectly for years with my AxeFXII but needed some serious wiggling to get it going on the AFXIII. Phew.

Back
Top Bottom