Solved: Issue with the 1987x on final firmware 17.1

Dr_Pepper

I noticed my plexi preset has changed drastically after upgrading from firmware 17.1 beta 8 to the final 17.1 release. It sounds way more muddy and seems to be clipping or something. I downgraded to the older beta version and it was fine again. Here two clips to compare and the preset attached! It's the first scene I'm using. I changed the 6650 to a jumped plexi.

First the beta:

Then the final 17.1:

Attachments

• 0457_Plexi 50W.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Yes I did, unfortunately it didn’t solve it! I’m trying to see where it’s just me doing something wrong, but I really can’t see it ;)

I just upgraded from the Mk2 to the turbo and imported this preset, but I don’t see how that would be an issue since the previous beta firmware seems to be fine..

I imported the preset onto my unit running the 17.1 final release and it sounds like your Final Firmware clip. However I was able to duplicate my go-to settings for this amp + cab on my end and it sounded like it's supposed to. Not sure what changed between the two firmwares on your end but my 1987x preset didn't change noticeably. Wish I could be more helpful but I'd say just start over from scratch. My first two changes to get rid of the muddiness on your settings were turning the normal channel drive way down and adding a dynamic mic IR (I really like the 412 70s GB 57 A, Factory 2 #516).

I believe Cliff said there's a known bug with this model, and a fix will be in the next release, maybe even today.

I'm holding off on updating, waiting for this fix, so far anyway.

I'm with @flash6. Fantastic tone on the beta version. What guitar and pickups did you use for that, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanx! It’a strat with a fralin pickup in the neck position and a noiseless sc on the bridge side. I am not fond of those noiseless pickups but this once was an Eric Clapton signature and that’s about the only thing I saved in the end ;)

But actually, I was watching a That Pedal Show episode in which they wanted to find out if a plexi 1987 could deliver the cleans of a Super Reverb. I just thought lets copy those settings ;) not sure if I did it right though…

I believe Cliff said there's a known bug with this model, and a fix will be in the next release, maybe even today.

I'm holding off on updating, waiting for this fix, so far anyway.
Unless he posted again he already replied to the OP in the FW17 thread and said there's no problem...

An idiot is what I am ;) after lots of ‘trouble shooting’ I found out I was not using the 1987x but the plexi 50 (jumped) in the first sample I uploaded. In case you’re interested in the preset, I uploaded it on axe change. Thanks for the help!

An idiot is what I am ;) after lots of ‘trouble shooting’ I found out I was not using the 1987x but the plexi 50 (jumped) in the first sample I uploaded. In case you’re interested in the preset, I uploaded it on axe change. Thanks for the help!
Wait, so there is no issue? I thought cliff acknowledged one?

Back
Top Bottom