SOLVED: Idiot alert - Help with Pro Tools 2018 and Axe III in Aggregate Device

rodzimguitar68

Fractal Fanatic
Guys,

I am working with some guys who insist on using ProTools, so I subscribed for one month, and have it running. I have no problems using my Axe III for a new session, but, the band just sent me a pro tools project file and audio tracks folder.

When I have my Axe III on, and try to open the session, it warns me that the playback device is not capable of 48hz, and the session does not open.

So, I go into my aggregate and make sure all the ins and outs are set to 48.

Then I try to open this session again, and it errors and tells me the playback device is not capable of 44.1?????

If I turn off my Axe III, I can open the session and listen to the song.

Any suggestions of what is going wrong here that is causing this clash?

Mojave OSX on iMac 27" 2018

Edit: The aggregate device has a setting to set the clock source, and the choices are the mac's input, the mac's output, or the Axe III. If this is somehow related, and I use the Axe III setting, what, if anything, do I need to change in my Axe III system settings to play nicely and prevent these error messages? For instance, if they wanted me to add tracks to this song, I wouldn't be able to because it won't open while my Axe III is on.

Edit: I'm an idiot....everything is working. I just needed to tell ProTools to use my Aggregate device. The protools session came from another person's setup, so the Playback Device setting was not jiving with my Axe III.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom