[Solved] How Do I Propagate MIDI Block Scene w Program Change?

dejoblue

Inspired
Hey guys,

I am using an Eventide H9 with my FM3 and I have a MIDI block set up to send a program change with the scene.

This works with scene changes.

The issue I have is that when I change the program it doesn't propagate the scene. Now I can manually select the preset and then select the scene and this works; However I have it set to go to the scene the preset was saved with.

Last edited:
I have not tried it since I currently have no external gear to control, but my understanding was that the Scene midi was triggered on preset load (whatever payload is in the default scene for the preset).

Are you saying this doesn't happen?

I'm not seeing that behavior between my FM3 > MIDI > Revv G20 amp. It consistently sends the PC upon patch change.

I have not tried it since I currently have no external gear to control, but my understanding was that the Scene midi was triggered on preset load (whatever payload is in the default scene for the preset).

Are you saying this doesn't happen?

Yeah I can't get it to work. Here is a 2 minute video showing my issue better.
Cheers!

So, I think the problem is that you need to put your H9 on a specific midi channel (not Omni) that is NOT the channel the FM3 is on.

Midi is a stream and how that incoming stream is processed is device dependent.

If it's getting two PC commands quickly in succession it may be throwing away the 2nd one.

What's happening now (I think) is your FM3 is sending the PC for its own preset change followed quickly by the PC from the midi block and the H9 is getting the first and discarding the second.

Reactions: Rex
It isn't a bug or anything...set the midi channel to 1 on the H9.......

Turn the Program Change OFF on the FM3 , the FM3 should not send ANY program change to the H9 only SCENE changes.....that way the H9 will only react on Scenes changes and the midi send to your H9 by your midi block.....

Looking forward to hear how you use your H9...;)
Hello Anand

I have been trying to connect my good old AX8 with the H9 without success. Could you be so ki d to give me some hints on cables and parameter setup?

I watched Leon Todd videos but they are not very detailed (at least not for me). Can you give me a hand?

Hello Anand

I have been trying to connect my good old AX8 with the H9 without success. Could you be so ki d to give me some hints on cables and parameter setup?

I watched Leon Todd videos but they are not very detailed (at least not for me). Can you give me a hand?
Oh I am very sorry my friend but I have sold the H9 so can't look into it......I loved the H9 so much that I have decided to look for the Eclipse so that I can use 2 FX at the same time from Eventide...only studio jobs...for live usage the FM3 is killer and don't need the extra CPU...

Main thing : set the FM3 & H9 to Midi channel 1 , there are videos on youtube on how to do that ....check out this one !

Back
Top Bottom