*Solved* Help - MFC and III - Axe keep jumping back to startup preset when selecting with MFC

Chadwick

Inspired
Any ideas why when I select a preset on my MFC the axe will momentarily go to it and then jump back to the preset it originally booted up on?

Firmware 1.10 on axe 3 and 3.06 on MFC

Worked normally I think until I installed 1.10. Or I changed some midi setting and I can’t figure out what it is now.

Bank size is zero in MFC. Using bank up/down buttons to switch presets.

Thanks for any suggestions. I had it working normally up until like last weekend. I’ve tried a bunch of things I just can’t seem to pin it down what’s causing this.

On axe fx:
Midi channel: 1
Display offset: 1
Scene Revert: 0ff
Eff. Bypass Mode: toggle
Program change: On
Ignore Reduntant PC: off
Send Midi Pc: off
Midi Pc offset: 0
PC Mapping On

I've tried changing all of these, doesn't seem to help

I just am using 17 Instant access switches, bank size 0 (tried 1 and so forth) and current (though ive tried, none and first and still have the same problem)

Now I've noticed that when I push IA #1 now its like its reloading the preset the axe starts up on but is loading scene 1 instead of 2.

IA is supposed to be sending CC 1 which I have mapped to drive 1, now when I press it will send it back to preset 1 scene 1 either right now or the second time I press it, but drive 1 also turns on and works haha... It's like the wrong PC messages are assigned on the MFC to the Up/Down switches, but you can't change those as far as I have read.

Ive read through that thread and I'm having kinda the same issue you did with the loop problem, but I've never used two cables. I had it working since I got my axe III like a month and a half ago but I think just last weekend or so at the gig it started not changing presets correctly. My IA switches work fine except for 1 now.

Yes, Axe Fx mode is set to none. This boggles me too... all my IA switches and scene up/down buttons work, so if i just set the preset on the Axe manually things will turn stuff on and off fine, but i just dont touch the up down buttons now. I've been sticking to only a preset or two at gigs so I'm managing.

Are you 100% sure you are only sending CCs with the IA switches?

Do you have Send With Preset on for the IAs or off?

Yep, you are sending one or more unwanted and unknown PC# from the MFC to the Axe. Check PC# OFF in all 17 IA Switches (pOF).

GLOBAL PC# = LAST? Check, if Gobla PC# is set and if, turn it OFF

Yep, you are sending one or more unwanted and unknown PC# from the MFC to the Axe. Check PC# OFF in all 17 IA Switches (pOF).

GLOBAL PC# = LAST? Check, if Gobla PC# is set and if, turn it OFF

Are you 100% sure you are only sending CCs with the IA switches?

Do you have Send With Preset on for the IAs or off?

It turns out I had IA 14 sending a PC#000 instead of OFF, my mistake! Thanks so much everyone for your time! Everything's working properly now.

Back
Top Bottom