SOLVED. HELP. Just loaded new patches for CYGNUS on my FM3. It crashed. Can't get past Startup

Hi,

have tried :
PAGE L & PAGE R hold on Startup. Checked memory. All good.
Loaded 3.02 back in. Still can't get past startup Screen.
HOME held on Startup. Same.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Press HOME + EDIT while starting.

It will erase your system settings (not your presets or cabs) though, so I hope you have a backup of your switch FC Controllers settings.

In case it's a corrupt preset , try this:
  • open Fractal-Bot
  • load a preset from disk
  • send it

EDIT: never mind, won't work, the preset gets sent but doesn't get saved.

Last edited:
Holding HOME works here: unit starts on blank preset. I'm keeping it pressed until the progress bar has finished.

Assume you have all cables except power disconnected while trying re-booting with/without button combination holding method?

Hi Peter. What is the display doing when you boot? Is it blank? Is it hanging somewhere?

One thing you could try is the emergency firmware installation process described below:

1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.

2pm I had 4.03 loaded. I tried loading 200 of the new factory presets but there were about 6 that didn't load (via MANAGE PRESETS).
On reboot the problem started.
All the tips of holding both PAGE buttons took me into EMERGENCY UTILITY but I still couldn't load any FW. HOME & EDIT didn't do a thing.
I tried 4.03, 3.02, and a few earlier others. Eventually i tried 1.06 again and it booted up. I still couldn't load anything so i cleared all presets. It worked enough for me to reload all my banks. That was 2pm the next day. This most likely a corrupt preset. (i've had this before with my XL2)
But....even after changing cables 3 times, i had problems with FRACTAL BOT sending anything. It connects but times out way too often.
My FM3 crashes a lot. Yes, i work it hard but i wish it had more power and more footswitches. (i know, 1st world problems and this has all been discussed before.)
It's clunky. It crashes way too much. I cant use it live because i use patches with lots of controllers and the gap is way too long. For someone who improvises and doesn't have everything 'Locked in", it is way too limiting. It's an awesome studio tool and thats exactly what i use it for.
While i'm on a rant, don't get me wrong, i love all my AXEFX's and wouldn't ever do without them. But my favorite amp block DELUXE TWEED has changed sooo much with CYGNUS that it's unusable in the capacity i used to use it. And i can't seem to replicate it.
it's back to the drawing board. I get it, and i'm looking on the bright side. Just a little frustrated and scared to load CYGNUS on my lll.
For the time being, i will keep my AXEFXlll on pre-CYGNUS FW.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Cheers
Peter

Back
Top Bottom