[Solved] FX loop issue on the JP-2C with FX8

Rob Venable

Hi,
I had my FX loop working on the JP-2C with the FX8 where all of the effects that were PRE and POST were working fine. The next time I fire up the Amp and the FX8, none of my effects are working and the volume is really low. When I switch the FX toggle switch on the JP-2C to the MD position (FX is off) then I can hear the effects that are PRE only. None of the POST effects are working. I didn't make any changes after It worked originally, why would it stop working.Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks

Yeah, I have the toggle switch on the JP-2C back to FX. As far as I know, that's all I have to do.
The FX loop switch is on the front, in the EQ section I believe. Make sure it’s the correct switch that’s on.
Also if your JP2C footswicch is plugged in, make sure the FX loop is on there.

The FX loop switch is on the front, in the EQ section I believe. Make sure it’s the correct switch that’s on.
Also if your JP2C footswicch is plugged in, make sure the FX loop is on there.
Yeah, the correct switch is on. I don't have the JP2C footswitch plugged in...I'm using the FX8 to control the channel switching and I'm using the 4 cable method for the effects loop.

I’ve seen this come up a lot with the JP amp specifically and most of the time it was the FX Loop being off when they thought it was on. Plug in the foot switch and check maybe?

Don’t plug in the footswitch with the midi at the same time (says so in the manual) check your midi cc to make sure the loop is staying on

Back
Top Bottom