[solved] FM3 Output

JPT

Caution; this may be a stupid question. I don't have a XLR to 1/4 cable for the output, I'm using this in a 4CM set-up. Is there a way to not use one if I don't have one? I can't seem to find much instruction on it.

Thank you.

if you're doing 4 cable method you'd need to use Out 1 as it's one of the 4 cables needed. the FM3 jack is XLR and amps are typically 1/4" so you'll need an adaptor or a full cable to do a full 4 cable method.

Thanks for your reply. I see a "Output 2 Copy? I can set for None (that's where it was) Input 1, or output 1. The trouble I'm having is when I plug the cable for the 4CM that goes in the front of the amp. When I plug that one in to the headphone jack, system works best (still not 100%) but when I plug that in to the Output 2, I only get a clean sound thru my amp at a lower volume. Meaning it sounds like a low volume clean amp when in output 2, when in headphone jack, it's an overdrive from the amp monster.

I know I'm doing something wrond with the output settings that I can't find. I didn't have this issue on the AX8.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply. I see a "Output 2 Copy? I can set for None (that's where it was) Input 1, or output 1. The trouble I'm having is when I plug the cable for the 4CM that goes in the front of the amp. When I plug that one in to the headphone jack, system works best (still not 100%) but when I plug that in to the Output 2, I only get a clean sound thru my amp at a lower volume. Meaning it sounds like a low volume clean amp when in output 2, when in headphone jack, it's an overdrive from the amp monster.

I know I'm doing something wrond with the output settings that I can't find. I didn't have this issue on the AX8.

Thank you.
Sounds like you set the Copy to Input 1, not Output 1. Input is the clean guitar. Output 1 is the preset/grid.

Out 2 L/R could be used for 4CM without having to use Output 1. You'd need to route for this in each preset, with In 1 & In 2 on separate rows, both going to Out 2 and balanced L/R.

I see Output 2 Copy. I can set it for None,Input 1, or Output 2.
yup.

if you set it to copy Input 1, you're copying a clean guitar.

if you set it to copy Output 1, you're copying the full layout grid sound, whatever is going into the Output 1 block.

yup.

if you set it to copy Input 1, you're copying a clean guitar.

if you set it to copy Output 1, you're copying the full layout grid sound, whatever is going into the Output 1 block.
There's only that option in Output 2, not Output from what I see in I/O settings.

does "no change in sound" mean there's an issue? or is no change a good thing?
Still an issue. I don't get it? I've read and followed the instructions as found on pg 36 of manual. The only difference is the Output 1 XLR that is where the issue is. I've tried several things to get around it with no luck; hence the questions here.

Also, manual shows plugging in to Input and Output 1, but says "2" in instructions. Output 2 should go to the front of amp while Output 1 goes to FX return. Working around not using the XLR Output is the issue and I'm not sure if there's a way around it? Maybe there is no way?

Still an issue. I don't get it? I've read and followed the instructions as found on pg 36 of manual. The only difference is the Output 1 XLR that is where the issue is. I've tried several things to get around it with no luck; hence the questions here.

Also, manual shows plugging in to Input and Output 1, but says "2" in instructions. Output 2 should go to the front of amp while Output 1 goes to FX return. Working around not using the XLR Output is the issue and I'm not sure if there's a way around it? Maybe there is no way?
hmm, not sure what you mean by "but says "2" in the instructions."

the 4 cable method uses 4 cables out of the 2 inputs and the 2 outputs.

Guitar to In1
Out 2 to Amp input
In 2 from Amp Fx Send
Out 1 to Amp Fx Return

that's the "four cables" in 4 cable method.

so you need to use Output 1 to do the 4 cable method. Out 2 sends the blocks before the amp and Out 1 sends the blocks after the amp. it's the separation of Output 1 and Output 2 that gives the full 4 cable method benefits.

this isn't different from the AX8 at all. it's possible that the suggestion of using the Copy function for Out 2 led this astray. you can't Copy Output 1 to Out 2 and also use Out 2 as a normal output in the 4 cable method.

again, there's really nothing too different than the AX8 here except the physical cable or adaptor needed to change XLR to 1/4" TS.

does "no change in sound" mean there's an issue? or is no change a good thing?
So recap; everything in front of amp works as you don't need XLR Output1. I turn off amp FX loop and everything in front works great. It's when I try to connect the FX loop return line not trying to use XLR is the issue.

Guitar to In1
Out 2 to Amp input
In 2 from Amp Fx Send
Out 1 to Amp Fx Return

so you need to use Output 1 to do the 4 cable method. Out 2 sends the blocks before the amp and Out 1 sends the blocks after the amp. it's the separation of Output 1 and Output 2 that gives the full 4 cable method benefits.

this isn't different from the AX8 at all. it's possible that the suggestion of using the Copy function for Out 2 led this astray. you can't Copy Output 1 to Out 2 and also use Out 2 as a normal output in the 4 cable method.

again, there's really nothing too different than the AX8 here except the physical cable or adaptor needed to change XLR to 1/4" TS.
***Out 1 to Amp Fx Return. Output 1 is the XLR... This is the issue. Maybe I have to go in to settings and adjust?

***Out 1 to Amp Fx Return. Output 1 is the XLR... This is the issue. Maybe I have to go in to settings and adjust?
what would you adjust? you need to use the Out 1 physical output to go to your amp return. i'm not sure there's anything to adjust.

Guitar to In1
Out 2 to Amp input
In 2 from Amp Fx Send
Out 1 to Amp Fx Return

FROM manual pg 31: Navigate to SETUP: I/O: Audio and change Output 2/Copy Output 1 to “ON”. Output 2 will now replicate the signal normally sent to Out 1. I don't see the "ON"

Back
Top Bottom