[solved] FM3 Not recording into Logic Pro X

I am trying for the first time to record directly from my FM3 into Logic Pro X.
So I plugged my guitar into input 1 as normal.
Output 1 L was plugged into my Monitor.
I opened Logic, set the input to 1 + 2
Created an audio track.
Set the project settings --> audio to 48kHz
Armed the track and hit record...

Nothing is recording and I keep getting a popup saying:

Error while trying to synchronize Audio and MIDI.
Sample Rate 44,100 recognized.
Check conflict between Logic Pro X and external device.

Do I have to set anything on my FM3?

The USB is plugged into the computer...

What I'm I doing wrong?

The FM3’s sample rate is 48,000. Trying setting your project to that.

In some DAWs, you have to explicitly tell it to use the sample rate you set.

No worries at all...thanks for helping me out...I was about to give up LOL :)
So, advanced mode: add a second track and set the inputs to Input 3-4 and on the FM3 go into Setup > I/O and on the Audio tab scroll down to the USB 3,4 Record Source and set it to INPUT 1.

Now arm both of your tracks and record. The track set to Input 1-2 in Logic is recording your wet, effected signal from the FM3. The track set to Input 3-4 is recording your guitar exactly as it appears at INPUT 1 on the unit -- it's your re-amp track. If you route that track back to the FM3 you can replay your performance and re-record it through a new preset or combination of settings on the FM3.

So, advanced mode: add a second track and set the inputs to Input 3-4 and on the FM3 go into Setup > I/O and on the Audio tab scroll down to the USB 3,4 Record Source and set it to INPUT 1.

Now arm both of your tracks and record. The track set to Input 1-2 in Logic is recording your wet, effected signal from the FM3. The track set to Input 3-4 is recording your guitar exactly as it appears at INPUT 1 on the unit -- it's your re-amp track. If you route that track back to the FM3 you can replay your performance and re-record it through a new preset or combination of settings on the FM3.
Thanks for the extra info!
The FM3 is totally perfect!!! :cool:

Thanks for these helpful posts, should be stickied imo.

Hello all - I hate to repeat ground that's been covered, but Im kind of new to this and I think I am confused.

I created an aggregate device Called FM3 and I was able to record sound from the guitar/FM3 But it sounds really odd - like tinny and kind of muddled/surpressed.

I can see the FM3 in AUDIO DEVICES, but it just seems wrong. Not sure how I should be setting this up.

I currently have my guitar going into the input on the FM3 - and I have XLR right and XLR left going to my monitors. And the FM3 is usb into my M1 MacMini.

the output I recorded almost sounded like the audio track had recorded what I played as well as what was being output while I played it I know I am explaining this incorrectly.

can anyone get me any tips on how to connect this?I am wondering if I should be using an audio interface in there somewhere?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.42.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.42.25 PM.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.42.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.42.51 PM.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.45.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.45.40 PM.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 23
The playback of the recorded audio doesn't sound right? If that's the case, post an audio clip. But if you're saying it sounds like you're recording both DI and wet, it could be you have the wrong channels selected for input.

P.S. From your configuration, it doesn't look like you need to use an aggregate.

THANKS A MILLION!!

1) You are correct, upon checking things out a bit, I did NOT need an aggregate device.
2) I was also definitely using input monitoring as I was recording (of course I didn't know cause I am a dolt lol) So, I made sure that little icon was NOT active.
3) I also noticed something else. Since I am new to Logic - when I was setting up a track, I was just selecting the instrument setting and when I checked out the track mixer - it was applying a lot of effects to the track, so when it was recording ti was packed with all kinds of stuff.

I TOTALLY appreciate your help. I've waited SO long to jump into a Fractal Product, and thus FM3 has been a dream. I decided to setup a dedicated DAW with this new MacMini and I was thrown a bit. Thanks for helping!!

In Logic, do you see input meter activity when you play your guitar on the channel you're trying to capture audio on? What's the input setting on the track? Does it look like this?

View attachment 73108

I'm having exactly the same problem as the OP......the settings based on the screens for the audio midi setup and the device tab are consistent... .I was trying to set my signal to input 3 for reamping...but I get the midi sync error and also there is no activity on the meter...I tried inputs 1 and 2 as well with the same result...I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here but not able to pin point...any help is appreciated..

Back
Top Bottom