SOLVED: FM14 update wiped out my FC-12... am I missing something?

Pinkycramps

Experienced
I don't do every update, and my last was pretty far back there... maybe in March? I was on FW12.
So I just updated to 14.00. When I did, MY FC essentially lost its memory. It initializes (and all looks normal while that is happening) then, once it finished, all I have is the preset name and scene name in the screen. No labels, no color rings, and nothing works. Can't even do the double switch press to get the the page layout.

I seem to have lost all of my custom layouts, AND none of the default stuff is there either.

So... I updated again to 14.01 and updated the FC to 1.11, hoping that would fix it. Nothing changed.

In Axe Edit, everything is empty as well. So, I attempted to program a few simple things - assign some switches to change scenes, set color rings... nothing works.

Was there a thread or something I missed about this, or is this just something that I am experiencing by myself? I'm hoping my FC didn't just die on me. I have reloaded the FM a couple of times now.
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 5.59.58 PM.png

did you do a Reset System Parameters recently?

Firmware (FW) should not touch or change the FC settings, which are in the separate System backups.

Hey Chris. Nope, I didn't.
I did a search and I saw a thread where someone posted a similar issue (possibly the same issue) and Matt said it was an internal battery. I am looking at my system global settings and they all look wonky - so it looks like I lost all system info. I might have the same issue... about to crack the case open to find out.

I have a battery in there. I tried making some changes to sys settings, then powered off and waited, then rebooted. Those changes stuck. No settings I make to the FC setting work at all, so not sure what the issue is. Doesn't seem like it's the battery.

Not likely. It's the factory supplied XLR, and it has barely been touched, never moved or gigged yet due to Covid. The FW updates installed fine over this cable, so I don't think it is the issue.
One update - now - I can make changes to the FC-12 in axe edit and they are showing up. But when I try to restore the sys settings from my backup - nothing. It could be because after I upload the backup - it tells me to re-boot. Headed out to the drugstore right now to get a new battery just to eliminate that.

Back
Top Bottom