[Solved] Can't get Axe Edit to connect to unit via USB

However, my problem now (on my Win 7 desktop) is not MIDI but audio. I do the driver install, which "seems" to go OK. I say that because when I check the sound devices, AXE II shows up and if I right click on it in Device Manager it says it is working properly. However, as soon as I set it as the default, anything referencing audio hangs. This includes the Audio Device dialog where you can click a speaker to test, Win media player, and of course the Axe. In fact one time I couldn't even open the Device Manager dialog. I kept getting error dialogs with hex characters...very strange.
Think I replied to one of your earlier posts about this and recommended that you NOT set the Axe USB as default audio device. I did try doing that on Win7 x64 and it did swap to the audio card when the Axe was off, and back when I powered up the Axe. IOW - it worked for me.

I still think the drivers not installing correctly is the root cause of your issue.

Think I replied to one of your earlier posts about this and recommended that you NOT set the Axe USB as default audio device. I did try doing that on Win7 x64 and it did swap to the audio card when the Axe was off, and back when I powered up the Axe. IOW - it worked for me.

I still think the drivers not installing correctly is the root cause of your issue.

You did and thanks. However, I'm not sure I recall you mentioning about not setting the Axe USB as default, though you may have. I thought I had to do that in order for media player or iTunes to stream through the Axe. How do I otherwise make that happen?

I agree with you about the most probable root cause. I am in contact with Daimen at FAS support and will be getting the install logs for him tonight as well as verifying some OS things. I'm confident this will get resolved. Really want to squeeze in some time tonight to check out 3.04!

Thanks

You did and thanks. However, I'm not sure I recall you mentioning about not setting the Axe USB as default, though you may have. I thought I had to do that in order for media player or iTunes to stream through the Axe. How do I otherwise make that happen?
Yes, you do have to make it the default device if you want those specific apps to stream audio to the Axe. However, there are plenty of media players that let you chose the output device from within the app... such as winamp. There's always "another way".

I'm sure Daimen will get you squared away. Let me know if I can help.

PS: FWIW - http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ps-since-3-02-axe-edit-update.html#post584715

Yes, you do have to make it the default device if you want those specific apps to stream audio to the Axe. However, there are plenty of media players that let you chose the output device from within the app... such as winamp. There's always "another way".

I'm sure Daimen will get you squared away. Let me know if I can help.

PS: FWIW - http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ps-since-3-02-axe-edit-update.html#post584715

Thanks I'll give that at try! I do see that you made that suggestion on an a prior post in another thread. My bad...I didn't follow up on my post to see your reply. I'll let you know how it goes.....thanks

I just want to confirm Yesfan's fix, it worked for me after I was having problems with "System not recognised" message. Now all I need to do is work out how to use Axe-Edit!

Back
Top Bottom