[Solved] - Axe-Fx III Front Panel Not Working

Eric Rowland

Inspired
I booted up the machine today and pressed the tuner button...no response. None of the buttons or knobs on the front panel work. The machine also does not respond to Fractal-Bot. I cannot find how to do a factory reset if indeed that is what must be done. I have run out of ideas......I am on firmware 3.01.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

I had tried rebooting the unit but the unit does not allow me to enter Setup as the button does not work. The other recovery options have not worked either. Time for a ticket.
Thanks for the responses guys.

Maybe an internal cable to the front panel has become loose. You could take the cover off and have a look. (Support will prob tell you to try looking there first too)

What Max said. There are two ribbon cables that support the front panel that could come loose for whatever reason. Try reseating them and hopefully that will solve your issues.

I booted up the machine today and pressed the tuner button...no response. None of the buttons or knobs on the front panel work. The machine also does not respond to Fractal-Bot. I cannot find how to do a factory reset if indeed that is what must be done. I have run out of ideas......I am on firmware 3.01.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
!!!!

Maybe an internal cable to the front panel has become loose. You could take the cover off and have a look. (Support will prob tell you to try looking there first too)

What Max said. There are two ribbon cables that support the front panel that could come loose for whatever reason. Try reseating them and hopefully that will solve your issues.

Will this void the warranty?
Thanks for the idea, will give it a peep....

You can click the little Watch Thread link at the upper right corner of the page to be able to find the thread later. (Just click Watched Threads at the top of any page.) No need to clog up the thread with ... or !!! to go back to it later.

The issue with the unresponsive front panel was the DSP board not completely seated. A very slight nudge to the right side of the board did the trick. The ribbon cables were seated firmly.

I am a bit puzzled as to how the board got a bit loose as I have not moved the unit since I set it up seven months ago.

A Big Thanks to Mark Day for responding on a Sat night to save the day!

Back
Top Bottom