[Solved] Axe FX II XL+ USB recording problem - monitored tracks in the recorded one

Luka

Hello to Everyone!

First I would like to greet all Axe and Fractal forum users. I am very satisfied Axe Fx user for about a year now. I have tried to find a solution to my problem but not succeded.

I am using Axe Fx for recording but usually recorded to some mixing equipment. Recently started to use ProTools First at home and record with USB connection. The problem is that in the recorded track you can hear also all tracks which are monitored along with guitar. It is not the same level but when you hear to it in Solo mode you can hear click and previously recorder tracks etc. I assume I need to correct some Axe settings that not all tracks were recorded. I have tried all setting on PT and no result. Maybe someone has similar problem or I am missing some guide from the manual.

Greets,

Luka

I'd look to the pro-tools settings and make sure your ins and outs are setup properly. If you're using a Focusrite interface learn how the mixing works in their software as it controls the mixer inside of the hardware unit. It's counter intuitive but there are youtube videos that explain it. I use USB in Logic X without any bleed from tracks. Don't think it's the AXE though. There's nothing in the AXE that would cause the issue.

I have tried to check all the ProTools settings but there is not much to do and seems to be correct. I have noticed that while playback I have the signal on the indicator of noisegate like the signal was reamped. There is also signal on the Utility on VU section, while it is not on the In Levels on Status section. I am not sure how can I redirect it only to the output not getting again into the grid on Axe?

Ok so I wrote the part above and stopped for a while. There is an option to choose 2 outputs in ProTools - OUT 1&2 and Analog Out 1&2. OUT 1&2 works as it should while Analog hits again into Axe inputs so finally I am back at the right place. I am not sure how to change the description for Solved! but maybe at least it can be helpful for someone with similar problem. Anyway thank you for help Blearyeyes!

Back
Top Bottom