(Solved) Axe Fx bricked by Q5.01 bug

Oh where is the battery? Support told me I had to order an emergency rom which I did... Sucks I had to pay for something I didn't need...

Oh where is the battery? Support told me I had to order an emergency rom which I did... Sucks I had to pay for something I didn't need...

What caused your error? When your update process got borked (powering off while writing new flash in progress) I guess the battery trick will not help. Then you need new parts.
When your update was a success, but you have a caused a crash afterwards the battery trick might be enough.
Guesswork...you know!

Well it's something useful to have anyway and maybe with the ROM you won't lose your presets.

What caused your error? When your update process got borked (powering off while writing new flash in progress) I guess the battery trick will not help. Then you need new parts.
When your update was a success, but you have a caused a crash afterwards the battery trick might be enough.
Guesswork...you know!
No.
As quoted in the OP, I too have the exact same issue. Everything was working until I touched the Force Default option. Not during the update.

If it was just 5$ I wouldn't mind, but it's 5$ + 20$ shipping + conversion from US to Can.

No.
As quoted in the OP, I too have the exact same issue. Everything was working until I touched the Force Default option. Not during the update.

If it was just 5$ I wouldn't mind, but it's 5$ + 20$ shipping + conversion from US to Can.

Remove the battery. Turn the unit on. Update the firmware. Turn unit off. Reinstall battery.

G'day Acidfrost,

Just think of it like a spare tyre - If you do need it, you will be thankful it's there!

thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom