SOLVED. Amp channel 'Reset' not completely resetting on a firmware 12.xx preset?

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
Solved.... see post #5.

I noticed some noise from a preset that I was working on for a client. No mater what I did, I could not get rid of it. I narrowed it down to the Amp block. Bypassed all blocks but the Input, Amp, Cab, and Output. Even after resetting that channel via the drop-down menu in the editor (see pic). The noise persisted?

I narrowed it down to the 'Preamp Bias' parameter in the Preamp tab (see pic). It seems stuck at the minimum value? Even after 'resetting', it doesn't change. It can't even be changed manually. Once this preset is loaded, you can select any number of amp models, from that amp block, that will exhibit this same behavior in various degrees. I assume that there are most likely other 'hidden' parameter that are also not resetting?

This preset was last saved in firmware 12.xx. So any preset from that era might exhibit this issue. But it could have originated in an older firmware? The client is just not sure.

It seems that the 'Reset Channel' function doesn't reset everything? The only fix is delete the amp block, and start completely fresh.

I included a sample preset to highlight the issue, and help find the cause.

Amp Block Reset Bug 1.png
Amp Block Reset Bug 2.png

Attachments

• Amp Block Reset Bug (Axe-Fx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I noticed some noise from a preset that I was working on for a client. No mater what I did, I could not get rid of it. I narrowed it down to the Amp block. Bypassed all blocks but the Input, Amp, Cab, and Output. Even after resetting that channel via the drop-down menu in the editor (see pic). The noise persisted?

I narrowed it down to the 'Preamp Bias' parameter in the Preamp tab (see pic). It seems stuck at the minimum value? Even after 'resetting', it doesn't change. It can't even be changed manually. Once this preset is loaded, you can select any number of amp models, from that amp block, that will exhibit this same behavior in various degrees. I assume that there are most likely other 'hidden' parameter that are also not resetting?

This preset was last saved in firmware 12.xx. So any preset from that era might exhibit this issue.

It seems that the 'Reset Channel' function doesn't reset everything? The only fix is delete the amp block, and start completely fresh.

View attachment 74489
View attachment 74490
do you know if it can be edited on Hardware?

Not sure if it was just a corrupted preset or a more widespread issue with older presets.

Just reporting it to make sure.

Still no 'Axe-Fx III Bugs' sub-thread?

This preset was last saved in firmware 12.xx. So any preset from that era might exhibit this issue. But it could have originated in an older firmware? The client is just not sure.

View attachment 74489
View attachment 74490
It's attached to a modifier. You can remove the modifier on the hardware via Controllers->Modifiers.

It's attached to a modifier. You can remove the modifier on the hardware via Controllers->Modifiers.
You are the man! I didn't even thick to check for that (but should have:oops:). It must have been put there with FracPad by the client, or by however he got the preset from?

Strange parameter to want control of?

You are the man! I didn't even thick to check for that (but should have:oops:). It must have been put there with FracPad by the client, or by however he got the preset from?

Strange parameter to want control of?
Either FracPad or there was one version of Axe-Edit that let you connect modifiers to anything. There was a recent version of FracPad that did this but I asked the author to remove that capability for precisely this reason.

Either FracPad or there was one version of Axe-Edit that let you connect modifiers to anything. There was a recent version of FracPad that did this but I asked the author to remove that capability for precisely this reason.
I am a huge supporter of making more parameters open to modifiers. I would love to see most of them added, But only when they are safe, no clicks, thumps, buzzes, crashes, etc....

I would still love it if the Looper functions were opened up. I have one preset that is still waiting on this.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...ns-to-modifier-attachment.140382/post-1664113

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom