[Solved] A lot of noice in new FM3 :(

Try switching the Signal to Noise Ratio input to 6db. I noticed in my fm3 any other settings introduce a weird annoying noise. Unsure if that’s a bug tbh, doesn’t matter which guitar I use for some reason setting it to 6 is less noisy.

Hi,
Many thanks for all the suggestions! Today my fm3 sounds a lot better, don't have a clue why.
Yesterday all was very bright and no low mid/bottom and a lot of noice.
Today it sound great!

Adding drives seem to create quite a lot of noice, should that be the case?

Could it be a bug that's creating that sound I had yesterday? I've tried to reboot a few time but I can not get that back. (hope it stays that way)

Tests when I had the problem yesterday:
  • Bright switch - no difference
  • input pad (0, 6, 12, 18) - no difference
  • Using only headphones - no difference

Hi,
Many thanks for all the suggestions! Today my fm3 sounds a lot better, don't have a clue why.
Today it sound great!

Could it be a bug that's creating that sound I had yesterday? I've tried to reboot a few time but I can not get that back. (hope it stays that way)

That's a weird issue. Is there an appliance in your home that might have been running yesterday but not today?

Hi,
Today it sound great!

yes adding drives increases the noise levels, just like with real hardware.

stack a couple of drive pedals in a row with a high gain amp and there are massive amounts of noise.

more gain, more noise

Will try that later as well. Would it be possible for u to test these factory presets below to see if you get the same with those? Would be very kind.
  • bassguy
  • 039 brown sound
  • 076 jumped plexi 50w
Btw, we’re probably on the same patch, got mine yesterday (Sweden/Europe). You?
Have noise at home but not at the local studio practicing with my band

what are you plugging it into? the outputs can be set to +4 or -10. what is your headrush set to?

Thanks all again! Still don’t know what made the thin sound yesterday. The bus was a lot increased by a lamp that I had. So, all still fine today so I’ll get back if it’s starting again. All good for now, extremely good! What a piece of equipment! Love it.

Yek - no external wah. Tested also to plug-in my expr pedal which was sometimes plugged in yesterday no diff since it needs to be configured first as it looks

Also tested to run without fm3edit and with as well as with usb cable connected and not; no diff

Mr.Modeler - yep for the bus the lamp had a lot to do with it.

Simeon - same +4 as my headrush. Also have tested both +4 and -10 same results.

Lots of noise for me when connected via USB to my computer. So, I crank up the noise gate and make edits, etc. until complete. Then when running into my amp I remove the USB cable and much better. Also important to note using with an amp:
Should use Out 2 block, don't just rely on copy out 1 -> out 2
I believe unity gain on out2 is basically cranked the knob all the way up?
The noisegate implementation is fantastic BTW, not sure why people won't use them... at home near my computer I'm -65dB or so. Live I actually do better AWAY from the computer. My wireless rig (Boss WL-20) actually decreases noise from my single coil guitars quite a bit, which is great.

Check and/or change the AC line frequency in the Global Settings: Config Page - have this match your country, and this may help.

1698435416032.png

I set mine to 50hz for Australia ...

Back
Top Bottom