Solution to Wah/Whammy routing issue when MFC not plugged in needed! Any ideas?

npx

Inspired
I'm using an MFC-101 with a spring-loaded Mission pedal connected to expression 1. My patches are set up so that the expression pedal auto-engages wah by default, and with a button on the MFC I can switch this (via a mixer block) to Whammy or other pitch block activities - as described in the Wiki: http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/in...t_switching_presets_.28dual-function_pedal.29

This works works great in a live situation, or any time the MFC is plugged in. However, when just using the Axe-FX by itself, this leaves all my patches with the pitch block enabled by default. Quite annoying!

I've just been living with it, but it has finally annoyed me enough to ask for some help! Can anyone suggest something I can reconfigure to get around this issue? A basic example patch is attached.

The other thing that I have noticed since I got the MFC a few months ago is that expression pedals no longer seem to work using the inputs on the back of the Axe, when using the Axe-Fx by itself. They work fine plugged into the MFC. (And previously, straight into the Axe.) I'm not aware of what I have done to disable this.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• MK4 Dirt.syx
    2 KB · Views: 7
I also have this issue. When i am using the axe editor, and i want to tweak and play, on patches that have the wah auto engaged ( I set mine up so toe down is off, past 95% turns it on, patch saved in bypass) the audio is with the wah in the heel position. This is the same with anything i attach to my exp pedals (Ernie Ball Volume pedals), except volume.

You can either:

A. Set external 8 init. value to 100% (in the I/O settings),

B. Alter the modifiers or wah/pitch placement so external 8 at maximum passes signal from the wah row instead (if no preference for what's active when the IA switch is on), or

C. Enable PC RST on both mixer modifiers, turn Gain 1 up and Gain 2 down via the front panel and save the preset. The onscreen knobs will briefly display the position that will actually be saved when adjusting something that has a modifier attached, so don't be concerned when they jump around and remain at the previous position afterward.

I also have this issue. When i am using the axe editor, and i want to tweak and play, on patches that have the wah auto engaged ( I set mine up so toe down is off, past 95% turns it on, patch saved in bypass) the audio is with the wah in the heel position. This is the same with anything i attach to my exp pedals (Ernie Ball Volume pedals), except volume.

If you can post a preset and/or answer the remaining questions in the threads you started it would be easier to tell you more about what might be happening. If it's only with Axe-Edit running maybe it's just an Axe-Edit issue.

You can either:

A. Set external 8 init. value to 100% (in the I/O settings)

Thanks Bakerman, this worked great!

As you mentioned, option B would have made the IA LED on the MFC light up when the pitch block is off. Option C would require editing the mixer block in every patch. Option A was simple, Global, and worked. :)

Minor update on the second problem: I can get the Axe's rear expression inputs to work again by assigning EXTERNAL 1 to PEDAL1 in the I/O-->CTRL menu. This overrides the MFC though, and when plugged in, it's expression input no longer works. (Obviously because EXTERNAL 1 isn't set to receive MIDI ch16 anymore!)

I don't like my chances, but is there a way to have the best of both worlds and get expression pedal function through the MFC-101 when it is plugged in, and the back panel of the Axe-FX when it is not - without having to manually reconfigure things each time?

No, you'd have to change the settings each time. Technically you could avoid doing it manually if you saved a system data dump for each situation and sent one from a computer as needed, but the transfer would take more time than changing them via front panel.

Back
Top Bottom