solodallas schaffer replica in front of AX8

Hi, there, i`m going to buy a ax8,
I have the schaffer replica, and it definitely do some magic with the sound, at stage volume it sustains forever, even if you turn down you volume pot to 5, som my Q is, does it do the same in front of ax8, it`s boost quiet a lot + 30db, can the input handle it, or will it clip

That may overdrive the input. The input can be padded down about 20 dB but you'll still be up 10 dB if the boost is 30 dB and, depending upon your guitar, this could clip the input.

Hi, there, i`m going to buy a ax8,
I have the schaffer replica, and it definitely do some magic with the sound, at stage volume it sustains forever, even if you turn down you volume pot to 5, som my Q is, does it do the same in front of ax8, it`s boost quiet a lot + 30db, can the input handle it, or will it clip

Best thing you could do for the community is to send the schaffer to Fractal so it can be modeled and added to the Drive block. :D:p

That may overdrive the input. The input can be padded down about 20 dB but you'll still be up 10 dB if the boost is 30 dB and, depending upon your guitar, this could clip the input.

The idea, is to boost a marshall, that`s just on the egde to breakup, so should the shaffer be put in the loop, before amp block ?

The idea, is to boost a marshall, that`s just on the egde to breakup, so should the shaffer be put in the loop, before amp block ?
What loop?

The idea is to have this goose (aka boost) the signal prior to the amp input... No loop involved.

If you're talking 4CM, have this prior to the first output that goes into the analogue amp's input.

The Shaeffer has a MAX boost of 30db, that's not necessary and I have NEVER used it on full, even with my plexi.
That said, the suggestion to send one to Cliff is great.
It's an AC/DC thing and would be a PERFECT addition to the Axe. Most likely does something similar to the 2 Comp idea that has been in threads regarding the Angus tone.
There is a "newer" pedal out now called the Storm. It' the newest version of the Schaeffer.
Could do other things too, I'm not sure. It's obviously a dirt pedal.

dunno if you have two compressor blocks in the ax8, but when this originally came up,, cliff suggested that you use two comp blocks in series, both set to "dynamics" with identical parameter values, but set the "dynamics" parameter to -3 in the first block and +3 in the second block. then turn up the level in the second block to get the boost you want.

i have mine set up in my angus patch like this...

thresh = -60
dynamics = -3/+3
attack = 1ms
release = 300ms
auto = off
look ahead = 0
level in second comp = +6

Back
Top Bottom