SOLOAWEEK 47: Cooper Carter Original Solo Lesson

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
For this installment of SoloAWeek, I thought I'd do something a little different and break down one of my own solos.

I recorded this one on Wesley Cook's latest album, Heavy for the song "Give Me Something to Believe In."

I hope you all enjoy it!

You can hear me playing over the recording in the video, but here's the actual master track off the album instead of the recorded SoloAWeek take.

All the other stems from the album are at CooperCarter.com – Home of Guitarist Cooper Carter Audio - CooperCarter.com - Home of Guitarist Cooper Carter.

Preset: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1764

Last edited:
Hm? Where are you referring to? There's no pitch shifting anywhere.
I thought I had heard a harmonizer. Sounded to me as if you had another voice an octave up mixed in for some parts. Just had a closer listen.. in the Soundcloud version I hear it starting at the bend at around 1:04/1:05 until the high A note at 1:06. Then again at 1:16/1:17. I guess it's just some cool harmonics that pop up in those spots ;)

I thought I heard some octaver type stuff also

No trickery here, folks. No pitch shifting, octaver, or anything else. What I did do is track this (and everything else) at an immensely loud volume using a power amp and cab in the live room. Volume=rich harmonic overtones. There is no substitute for sonic reinforcement.

No trickery here, folks. No pitch shifting, octaver, or anything else. What I did do is track this (and everything else) at an immensely loud volume using a power amp and cab in the live room. Volume=rich harmonic overtones. There is no substitute for sonic reinforcement.

Tasty solo! I think what people are hearing, besides the sweet tone is either a doubled track or a very slight slapback type effect.

Dave

Ah. Here's what you all are probably hearing! If you're listening to the video, I'm playing the solo OVER the solo on the album, since I don't have a mix of the song without the lead.

Or are you hearing what you're referring to in the stem track?

Ah. Here's what you all are probably hearing! If you're listening to the video, I'm playing the solo OVER the solo on the album, since I don't have a mix of the song without the lead.

Or are you hearing what you're referring to in the stem track?

I thought the same at first, but heard the same "effect" in the stem, too. Sounded like a harmonizer that engaged on certain notes only. Obviously it's just some cool harmonics happening, though :)

Back
Top Bottom