Solo over sound

psychomanteum7

Inspired
I'm sure this is somewhere in the forum already, but I apparently lack the terminology for a proper search to find it.

I have an Electro Harmonix pedal that allows me to hold anambient backing note to solo over. Is there a way to have the axe generate a note automatically (without me playing it first) to solo/play over?

It would be really cool to have a Synth chord automatically play when I select a scene to fill things out, since my band is a trio. Thanks!

Sure!
You can create a chord using the 3 voices of the Synth block..
Using the 4 channels you can fill with 4 chords and to play at start (automatically) you just need to track "Off"

The preset 376 Fremen's Mini Drones (on the FM3 at least) uses this method (but extending to 7 different chords!)

Here's a preset with drone chords per scene to work off of. You can also use the Hold function in the delay/reverb block but you'll have to add a second delay or reverb to keep that effect while using hold.

Attachments

• Synth D Maj.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Thanks everyone! I'll go through some of these presets and pick through how it's done. These suggestions have given me ideas for other things, as well.

So to anyone else looking for how to get the synth block to just generate sound without playing guitar (like immediately when playing a scene): in the synth block just select "Track" to off. You can then change the generated noise to your liking.

Back
Top Bottom