Wish Solo Left/Right In Place and Center

Would be useful for monitoring to be able to solo the Left or Right channels "in place" at the very end of the chain. Maybe could be a part of the "OUT" block. Under the LEFT and RIGHT meters, to be able to SOLO each one "In Place" (it solos it hard panned) or "In Center" (it solos the channel but pans it to the middle to hear it in both ears).

Application #1: I record my fractal stereo dry, stereo wet (four channels).... Would be useful when recording, for example, to be able to briefly just hear the left side only for whatever reason (checking an effect, a ping pong, or simply even to make sure everything is coming in correctly and there isn't a faulty cable) IN PLACE, and in CENTER.

Application #2: When recording in mono, it would also be a super quick way to hear what a musical part would sound like hard-panned to a side... much faster than going into my session or interface, and panning the channel. One click.

Suggestion: Adding a button L and button R in the OUT block. You want to hear the LEFT only, you click once, it solos the LEFT channel IN CENTER. You click once again, it solos the LEFT channel IN PLACE (only audible on left monitor/ear/etc). You click LEFT again, it goes back to normal left & right setting you had.

Ambitious thought: It would be interesting to be able to add that feature to certain places of the chain, to maybe check PRE a certain effect. The danger of that could be that new users, or even any user might accidentally leave something SOLO'd and then forget and go down the rabbit hole of "what's wrong with my Axe FX?"

Back
Top Bottom